• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Dale Family

rickyd

proper brummie kid
Hi all
I am looking for any information on my great grandfather and his children post 1911
His name was Charles Dale he was born at yew tree cottage perry barr in 1871,he married Emily Stanyard in 1896 at St Johns Perry Barr.
He had five children that i know of:-
George born 1897 perry barr
Edith born 1898 perry barr
Arthur born 1900 perry barr
emily born 1903 birmingham
leonard born 1907 birmingham

George was my grandfather who was apparently in the navy
I know Charles was a beer retailer and the last known address was 183 edward street balsall heath which was the Woodman Inn.

Have since found out through the help of mikegee on this site that there are other possible beer retailer addresses the last one being 21 Whitehead Road aston manor but i have yet to check this out .

know this is a long request but if anyone could help i wgards
rickould be most grateful as i keep hiting walls

re

maybe this is them in 1920 living 72 frederick rd aston

charles dale, emily dale, george dale

and in 1935 21 whitehead rd. charles, emily, edith and emily dale

and in 1939 the same people as above living 47 regent rd. sandwell

in 1945 and 1950 emily, edith and emily dale still at 47 regent rd. but no charles

Hi Shera
Thanks ever so much for that information, it certainly seems to be the same people.
I know that my grandad George was living in London in 1931 that was when he married my nan,but i did think that Charles died in 1937 but obviously not so i will have to have another look at that.
Also the other 2 boys are not mentioned so maybe they were in the forces or living elsewhere,But this information has definately helped me along

thanks again
Rick

in 1918 george dale is on the absent voters list (72 frederick rd)

service nos. 92453, Dvr., R.E.

Hi Shera
thanks ever so much for that is the service number George Dales is it an army one do you know.
I cant thank you enough for this information

Regards
Rick

Well that has put a spanner in the works lol

we always believed he was in he navy,oooh very strange

thanks for that

Rick

Back