• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Crane's screw and colgryp castor company Ltd

AstonGazz

proper brummie kid
Cranes screw flyer.jpgHI all, Calling all ex-workers of this screw making factory in floodgate street digbeth Birmingham. Any memories of this ex mission hall building.
cheers, Gazz.

Last edited:
Cheers jennyann:
What a quick reply just tryed that link great info,it was my first job after leaving school.My dad was the heading forman there but sadly died 4 years before i started as a machine operator.

found this picture on ebay

Attachments

• cranes srew.JPG
    cranes srew.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 66
Hi 'Brumgum'

Sorry but that doesn't look anything like the building I used to work in during my apprenticeship - as I remember it was a single storey factory unit. Can anyone else help?

Thanks anyway.

hi all I worked at crane screw fasteners my first job when I was 16 I was a customer liaison clerk in the office my names simon it would of been in 1979 the manger was a friend of mine and lived in Dudley but lost touched when I left I was only there a year it was a big old building the one in the pictures

Back