• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cookery lessons at school.

I have forgotten most of what I made in cookery class at school but I do know how it would have turned out ;-D
I was totally useless and I still can't really cook now - luckily I only have myself to look after!

I feel sorry for my parents who had to taste my offerings and try to find something encouraging to say.
My father always used to ask if I'd washed my hands first!!

I have had my share of disasters with my cooking, two I can vividly remember were - Doughnuts, which turned out like cricket balls, ever the birds wouldn't eat them. Secondly, I made a bread pudding for a couple of friends - the girl friend suddenly found herself on a diet and the boy friend sufferred and ate a 'piece' - don't think he turned up for work the next day!!!!!! Both were FATless! [ the cooking]. Miriam

Oh dear Miriam. I make my doughnuts [dough] in the bread maker first but they didn't have such luxuries at school. Jean.

Back