• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coleshill Street, Sutton Coldfield.

• Thread starter Thread starter Wendy
  • Start date Start date
I know this post is a few years old but should I be able to click on the "Attached Thumbnails" to open? I can't open any on the site - is it my settings?

Hello, my name is Joejack and I am also trying to trace a Coleshill House, which I believe was on Coleshill Street, Sutton Coldfield. The Coleshill House I was initially after was stated as being in Warwick, but it was very vague so I am not sure. I have just joined this site and don't know my way around yet, but I am trying!!! I would be interested to know if you find anything. Kind regards, Joejack (Blackpool)

Sorry I have not replaced the photo it was lost when the site was hacked I will try and find it and scan it again.

Now Coleshill house is listed as 75 Coleshill Street, Sutton Coldfield, as listed on Google but not sure if this is the one you want,

Thanks for the link Jennyann my doctors was on Colehill Street. Looking at Bill's photo's I cant remember if it was the red or the blue door. It was Dr Malim he was very kind to me especially when I had my first child....happy memories.

Thank you for the information re Coleshill House, 75 Coleshill Street, Sutton Coldfield. Could you tell me how, if at all possible, I could find out who lived there in the 1930's. Many thanks,

Thanks for the link Jennyann my doctors was on Colehill Street. Looking at Bill's photo's I cant remember if it was the red or the blue door.
snip

I believe it was the red door in the link photo (no. 3), you went down a step and to the right for the waiting room, then back into the hallway and through what was effectively the door to the left for his surgery.

The left hand end of the building has no room to the left of the front door (from the window layout!)

HTH

You are right curly I remember it well. The waiting room was very square and always full. His surgery was very dingy and he always had a big Alsation under his desk. He was quite an abrupt man being ex army but was always kind to me. I thought he was an excellent doctor. He would even help me up the step with my pram.

Hello, just joined in, was there ever a Coleshill House or any Garratts living on Coleshill Street, would you know please?

Hello, just joined in, was there ever a Coleshill House .......... on Coleshill Street, would you know please?

see post #8 above. Coleshill House is apparently no 75, a few doors up the hill from the traffic lights/pub

Back