• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coleman's in Bourneville

Mary-anne

proper brummie kid
I am trying to find the family of Albert William Coleman who was born in 1914 in Plymouth and whose mother was Mabel Chaffe. He had a sister called Hilda born in 1911 and Ida born in 1916. Mabel was my grandfathers first wife and when the three children grew up they moved to the Birmingham area in the 1940's I think. I remember going to visit a Coleman family in Bourneville in the 1950's and 60's (who I think was Albert ) and his wife came from India who I think was called Phyllis and they had 5 children.

Does anyone know this family?

Regards Mary-anne

There is an Albert W. and Phyllis J Coleman living at 153 St Helier's road in 1955. this is northfield, rather than birmingham, but not too far away. In 1950 they lived at 80 city road with William T. and Elizabeth McAnaney,
Mike

Hi there,the following was available from Electoral Roll
1950: 80 City Road
Albert W and Phyllis J Coleman
1955: 153 St Heliers Rd,Northfield
Albert W and Phyllis J Coleman

Hi mikejee and ladylinda,

Thanks for your replies. This could be them and it must have been Northfield where I visited them as I remember it was near the Cadbury factory.

If you have the Electoral Roll for Sutton Coldfield in 1919 could you see if a family called Page was living at 1 Walmley Road, the house was called The Gables. If not this family it might be the Evitts.

Regards Mary-anne

MaryAnne
I'm afraid that, for the period when the birmingham electoral rolls are online, sutton coldfield wasn't part of birmingham, and so was not included. For this you would have to visit the library.
Mike

Back