• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coleman look up please

elle-jay

master brummie
Sarah Ann abt 1875 with George henry Colman abt 1871
last whereabout dosthill tamworth in the 1891 census
children George henry 1898 Edith minnie 1900 Thomas Robert 1902

any help greatly appreciated in any of the census’s following 1891 with thanks

Living on Villa Road, Handsworth (West Brom district)

Wife was Sarah Jane not Sarah Ann.

In Aston in 1911.

I can't find any other children but it's not easy to search because the mmn is being spelt a number of different ways.

I can't add many more details to the censuses because I can only see the transcripts not the scans. George was listed as a gardener in 1901 and a railway porter in 1911.

Seem to move around a bit because the children's births are listed as Hockley, Handsworth & Vauxhall.

Thank you so much. they did move around a lot just like her parents before her.but I think the whole branch of that family did finally settle in Aston and all seem to work on the railway. Thank you for your help. Perhaps someone may be able to trace them further to 1939if I’m very lucky

Pugh Road is, not sure about Limetree Terrace.

And Limetree Terrace looks like it was court 10 after a name change. 72 probably refers to the house on Pugh Road it's behind.

There look to be 2 named rows of houses - Lime Tree Terrace and Vicarage Grove - one behind 72 and the other behind 74 not particularly clear which one is which. Though maybe one of them is classed as behind the road on the left (77 or 79).

I think Lineteee is classed as Pugh Road - listed there on 1939 reg. Vicarage Grove is probably off the other road. I will look. The numbering seems to indicate that as well.
Limetree is: 1 to 8 behind #74 and 9 to 16 behind #72.
Vicarage is: 1 to 7 behind #77 and 8 to 14 behind #79.

Back