• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Coates

• Thread starter Brenda Barr Phillips
  • Start date
B

Brenda Barr Phillips

l'm looking for a death date of my gg/granfather William Coates b 1822 also a death date for my g/granfather Daniel Coates born 1862,they were all born in Aston but have yet to come up with a date.....appreciate anything anyone can do....Brenda

Hi Brenda

Had a look on the IGI for William but --

IGI Individual Record
William Coates
Event(s):
spacer.gif
Birth: 18 APR 1822
spacer.gif
Christening: 30 MAY 1822 Saint Martin, Birmingham, Warwick, England
Parents: Father: JOSEPH COATES Mother: SUSANNA
--------------------------------------------------------------------
William Coates
Event(s): Birth: 27 JUN 1822 Christening: 29 DEC 1823 Saint Martin, Birmingham, Warwick, England
Parents: Father:CHARLES COATES Mother: JUDITH

Thats what i would call rotten luck, no middle name to define one from the other.

Here's the birth for Daniel --

Daniel Coates 3rd qtr 1861 Birmingham 6d 105

As for dates of death, i would need some idea when you think this was likely, if you had an idea who each individual married we could trace them through the census, hope this helps.

bren

Hi again Brenda

It's early morning, my brain isn't working, if you send for the birth cert for Daniel it will have his parents names, ages, fathers occupation and address on there, post it all on here and we can have a look for them on the census.

bren

Bren,hope by now your all tucked away in lala land...thank you for trying to help me on my Coates line...there are so many of them its been hard to find out who belongs to who...Daniel Coates b1862 m Fanny Beecroft b1864 in Aston 1883 they had five children William c b 1884 Daniel,b1886, Frederick,b 1888 Annie b1891 and Fanny b1893 l cannot find my g/grandfather after the 1891 census the family lived at 91 church lane Aston...........my gg/grandfather William Coates b1822 m Charlotte Silver b1824 on July 14 1844 they had 10 children the last one Charlotte Caroline Coates b1866 William has'nt been found after that.... they lived at 91 Hatchett st in 1861 and Charlotte was at 1ct 3h New John St in 1881 with no William.............hope this will help Brenda

Alberta Thank you l knew Daniel died young but did'nt know when...l heard then Fanny remarried so now l have another search.....once again thank you..Brenda

Fanny Coates married Henry bird Aston 1898

91 Church Lane Aston Manor.

Henry Bird age 32 b. sheffield,Yorks Canal boatman
Fanny bird age 36 b. Birmingham shopkeeper hardware
Coates children
William 17,Daniel 15,Fred 12,Annie 10,Fanny 7 and son Harry bird age 1

Alberta once again thank you....l knew Fanny had remarried but had no idea when...William Coates was my g/f and l have only fond memories of him he died age 64 in1946, William grew up in Church Lane and died there,the only time he left was when he served in the great war. l might be calling on you again!! if l get stuck.....Brenda

Hello Brenda. William Coates 1822, married Charlotte Silver 1844. Daniel Coates 1861-1895 married Fanny Beecroft 1883(1863-1933), Frederick Coates 1888-1964 married Minnie Kidwell 1919, Malcolm Coates 1937(father)married Lillian Bassinder 1956(1937-1985), Vincent Coates 1959 me. Frederick and William. Coates were brothers, I think this is where our paths cross.:love_heart:

hi brenda
the coates from church lane aston moved up the road onto victoria rd next to the poloce station of aston and they was there in the fortys and fiftys
we all used to que up with our jugs and at least two juggs each for there well known faggots and peas the que would some times if you are early would
spread around into vigarage rd to get served they eventualy sold out to the gibson family around 1953-4 years if my memo serves me correct
my grand parents had a shop facing them in those years and my dad ran it for them but him and grand dad had a fall out so they said run it your self ; we lived down and around the lichfield rd just along from church lane by illselys coal merchants ad they was related to my mother and there family in fact i will be meeting up with a lady whom is connected to them next week wit6h my daughter best wishes ASTONIAN

Back