• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

City Skyline 2010

I have been taking loads of panoramas of Birmingham recently.

Here is one I took today (7th March). This is of the Eastside area which is going to be totally redeveloped. This view is from Lawley Middleway looking West.

If you want to see more of my Birmingham panoramas, look here (you can see them much larger on the site below, and use your scroll bar on the bottom of the browser to scroll across)

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1024483

Tried a few pics from up the Beacon today, but too hazy :(, and power lines in the way :(, will try another time :)

Dave that is what spoils the place massive pilons wherever you look. Look forward to the ones you take though. Jean.

Having looked at all the pics, I'm afraid to say I don't recognise much at all. I was last in Birmingham in about 1974-5 and it's not only changed vastly, but some of the 'changes' have been yet changed yet again; and possibly more than once! Gawd but it makes me feel ancient! I did attempt to visit the City in 2002 (the day after the 'Dudley Earthquake') by car (a big mistake...someone had changed all the roads!) but my car-horn jammed-on (a very loud car-horn!) and I had to turn back....you may have heard me?!? When I say I 'turned back', I mean I had to drive in the opposite direction to where I wanted to be, until I could exit the night-mare that is your ring-road system! By the time I'd got my bearings again, I was closer to Wales than to where I'd started from! :D So instead of a day spent at the Birmmingham Art Gallery and Museum, we had a nice time in Ludlow and Church Stretton. :rolleyes:

Why anyone should want to scare themselves on a 'fair-ground ride' when all they have to do is drive around Birmingham; is beyond utterly me. Mind you, Brum is still not as bad as Leeds; they've really carefully thought-out their version of terror!

Sorry old one again Sept 2006, from The Parish Church, St Peter & St Paul, Coleshill, in the distance Brum 8 miles away

View attachment 66768View attachment 66767View attachment 66766View attachment 66765Hi Dave M. They open up OK for me, but I`ve reduced the size and posted again. Best wishes Doug
pencil.png

Love the photos Dek. An interesting way of viewing the city. it's good to see views of buildings you wouldn't normally see. We perhaps should have a 2011 thread. Don't recognise the building with the glazed bricks, where is that ? Viv.

Hello Viv all the photos are taken from the Council house roof the court yard is looking directly down. Dek

Hi Dek. Well if that had been on a " where is this?" thread, I'd never have got it in a million years! Good to see they made a big effort to make the less visible areas interesting too. Is the structure in the centre of your 2nd photo post 54 something to do with ventilation? Viv

Viv that is the chimney for the boiler house located on the ground floor they built them with style in those days,also notice behind a large lead glass window although in a closed courtyard not seen unless you walk into it as it is a private area fineness at the highest level.Dek

Took last week from pets corner although it,s not how I remember it.Really annoyed my battery ran out before I was able to take any more.Dek 1 Greys---" Bull St--3 Colmore Gate

A few more. Dek 1 Corporation St -2 Junction Temple St- Bull St--3 Greys new frontage notice the trees,

Back