• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

city circle no 19 bus

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all i wonder if anyone would have the route for the no 19 bus please...

many thanks..

lyn:)

If I remember right the 19 was an inner city route (no longer running) I can remember it going down Lawley St and across Digbeth. Dek

Hi Lyn , One of our members put on the Birmingham bus thread every name of streets
on the no 19 city circle route , but it`ll take a bit of time to find it as its a 800 plus thread.
ragga :)

Lyn not sure if you wanted a present day route ( i dont think there is one ) However i found this for you 1953/54, it was still doing the same route in 1968/9. Max

Last edited by a moderator:
From my home-made history of BCT routes:

2/3/1932 New service
19 Benacre St, Bristol St, Great Colmore St, Cregoe St, Granville St, Broad St, Sheepcote St, St Vincent St, Summer Hill St, Powell St, Albion St, Frederick St, Vyse St, Well St, New John St, Aston Rd, Dartmouth St, Lawley St, Watery Lane, Adderley St, High St Bordesley, Alcester St, Vaughton St and Gooch St to Benacre St. Service named “City Circle”.

I remember getting this bus in Vaughton St Balsall Heath, to visit my Aunt who lived in Powell St which was by the Sandpitts, but I seem to remember it didn't run all day, it run to cater for people going to work I think, or am I dreaming.

From my home-made history of BCT routes:

2/3/1932 New service
19 Benacre St, Bristol St, Great Colmore St, Cregoe St, Granville St, Broad St, Sheepcote St, St Vincent St, Summer Hill St, Powell St, Albion St, Frederick St, Vyse St, Well St, New John St, Aston Rd, Dartmouth St, Lawley St, Watery Lane, Adderley St, High St Bordesley, Alcester St, Vaughton St and Gooch St to Benacre St. Service named “City Circle”.

thanks Lloyd i wanted to confirm it ran down well st...

cheers

lyn

I remember getting this bus in Vaughton St Balsall Heath, to visit my Aunt who lived in Powell St which was by the Sandpitts, but I seem to remember it didn't run all day, it run to cater for people going to work I think, or am I dreaming.

an interesting fact about the city circle 19,is that it was worked from Barford Street Garage,whose only other regular work was a share of the inner circle 8,so that,despite being the closest garage to the city centre ,it was the only garage whose buses did not go into the city centre.

Back