• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Cine Equipment LTD

WelshBrummie03

master brummie
My nan got her wedding photos done by Cine Equipment Ltd, does anybody have any info on this shop or where it was. I’ve got a photo from the envelope that the pictures came in.

Thanks

34ACDE57-6B9A-4D3A-B2BD-8F9A2A133A42.jpeg

i was into 8 and super 8 cine in the 70s that is how i remember the shop. there were few selling cine equipment in town another one in the arcade and another back of rackhams.

there was one in dale end but that was a long time ago
The Alliance Roll film Camera Co. ... Birmingham Dry Collodion Plate and Film Co. ... 104 Dale End, Birmingham, Early 1890s
:grinning:

The one in the Great Western Arcade was called Sherwoods - they had a second branch down by the central fire station. Still got a large telescope I purchased from there. Peter Gaffneys on Gt Hampton St also sold cine films but the best place to go was Derran in Dudley.

The one in the Great Western Arcade was called Sherwoods - they had a second branch down by the central fire station. Still got a large telescope I purchased from there. Peter Gaffneys on Gt Hampton St also sold cine films but the best place to go was Derran in Dudley.
i bought loads of new full super 8 full length movies off Derran in Dudley.

Sherwoods Great western arcade, were a different company from “Cine Equipment”. Sherwoods are still trading, concentrating on optical (Binoculars and Telescopes.) They have been trading for more than 60 Years. A real old style company that give outstanding service.
The are now at The Arden Centre, Little Alne, Wootton Wawen, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, Warwickshire, B95 6HW, +44 1789 488880
a great ride out into the beautiful Warwickshire countryside but well worth the effort.

Apologies for going slightly off topic and for it not being Birmingham but you may be interested in this amazing local shop - Mr Umit is legendary in these parts...

Voila.....did a lot of business with the Dale End Branch for Birmingham University Obs and Gynae Research dept...

Attachments

• Colmore Row 1947 .jpg
    Colmore Row 1947 .jpg
    877.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Dale End Cine Eqpts  1959.jpg
    Dale End Cine Eqpts 1959.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 12
Back