British Hustory Online tells us:
CHRIST CHURCH, Summerfield (Summerfield Cres. and Gillot Rd.), was built as a memorial to George Lea, Perpetual Curate of St. George's, Edgbaston, 1864-83. It is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, with apsidal chancel, nave, aisles and transepts, designed by J. A. Chatwin. It was consecrated in 1885, a parish being assigned from St. John's, Ladywood, in the same year. Part of the parish was transferred to St. Augustine's, Edgbaston, in 1906. (fn. 66) The living, a vicarage since 1885, was in the gift of the Vicar of St. John's, Ladywood, for the first turn, and then of the bishop until 1905, when the Rector of Birmingham became patron. (fn. 67) The City Road mission room, opened in 1896, was transferred to the parish of St. Augustine, Edgbaston, in 1906. Old School Hall, Coplow Street, has been licensed for public worship since 1908, and Cavendish Road Hall since 1914. (fn.
The exterior and interior of the church. Viv.


CHRIST CHURCH, Summerfield (Summerfield Cres. and Gillot Rd.), was built as a memorial to George Lea, Perpetual Curate of St. George's, Edgbaston, 1864-83. It is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, with apsidal chancel, nave, aisles and transepts, designed by J. A. Chatwin. It was consecrated in 1885, a parish being assigned from St. John's, Ladywood, in the same year. Part of the parish was transferred to St. Augustine's, Edgbaston, in 1906. (fn. 66) The living, a vicarage since 1885, was in the gift of the Vicar of St. John's, Ladywood, for the first turn, and then of the bishop until 1905, when the Rector of Birmingham became patron. (fn. 67) The City Road mission room, opened in 1896, was transferred to the parish of St. Augustine, Edgbaston, in 1906. Old School Hall, Coplow Street, has been licensed for public worship since 1908, and Cavendish Road Hall since 1914. (fn.
The exterior and interior of the church. Viv.

