• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

chinn family of mole street

[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Name: Joseph Chinn[/TD]
[TD="align: center"] Address: 3 Mole St[/TD]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Total number of matches found : 0

Joseph is not there in 1891 or 1901 census. Do you have an age for him and we may be able to see where he was before or after 1898

on the marriage certificate it gives his age as 23 and his wife,elizabeth donaldson ,same adress,as 21 in 1898
3 mole street

1901 2, 5, House Court, Darwin Street, Aston
William J Chinn,aged 25 born 1876 Birmingham Brass Finisher
Elizabeth Chinn,Wife aged 22 born 1879 Birmingham,Brass Polisher
William J Chinn, Son aged 1 born 1900 Birmingham

you are correct lady linda , i must have had a senior moment. it should of been william and elizabeth at 3 mole street as on the marriage cert. i was wondering if it was her parents adress

In 1891 Elizabeth was living with her mom and stepdad at 41, Thomas Street, Kings Norton, Balsall Heath.(Maria and Charles Bennett)
In 1881 Elizabeth has the surname of Bennett and is at 7, Cornet Place, Kings Norton.

is this elizabeth donaldson as on her marriagecert. william john chinn,m 1898 oct2 her father is given as andrew donaldson and her age as 21. i am confused with the bennet name.

Yes her mother, Maria, married or was living with a Charles Bennett. Elizabeth's brother was William Donaldson (Donaldson Bennett in 1881) born 1873, and sister was Mary Donaldson (Bennett in 1881) born 1876. Possible death of Elizabeth's father Deaths Mar 1880
Andrew Donaldson aged 26 Aston 6d 164

Marriages Mar 1872
Andrew Donaldson married Ann Maria L Webb Aston 6d 412
Andrew was born in Ireland and in 1871 his family were living at 4 court,house 5 Green Street, Deritend/Bordesley.

Back