• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bridge Street West

another great pic topsy...like you say for all we know our rellies maybe on those pics as i do know that my lot all lived that way...

lyn

Love the photo Topsy. Had relations working in WW1 munitions (but not this factory) and it's interesting to see the sorts of jobs they were doing. Viv.

SCAN0284VE_BridgeStWest.JPGSCAN0283VEBridgeStWest.JPG SCAN0281VEBridgeStWest.JPG ... and they tell me I was at the V.E. Day party in Bridge Street West as well.
I'm sitting on my Mom's lap at the front of the third picture!!

hi folks. would anyone know what district bridge st west came under please...

thanks

lyn

hi ray...what i wanted to know is does is come under all saints district...
its all to do with what church was close by..
lyn

Lynn St Georges Church was on Bridge Street West. If someone has a wedding cert or birth cert for the area it would show the actual district on it.

hi carolina st georges church was on the corner of tower st and gt russell st also taking in gt hampton row but bridge st west was very close...a member has asked me for a bit of help and i just wanted it confirming that bridge st west does not come under the all saints district...i thought that was over ladywood way...im confused now lol...

lyn

thanks carolina...in that case i think that maybe the first part of bridge st west came under hockley then as it did start at farm st very near to hockley hill...

cheers i think thats that one sorted...

lyn

hi mary..any images posted before and including post 159 will not be visible to you...the forum was hacked last year and we lost every one of our pics...images that have been re posted after post 159 should be ok...

lyn

Ok thank you Lyn, I had seen the notice on top of page about this - I should have realsed that! Why do these people want to do this?
thank you for your help

Mary

Hi Lyn

Did you find the District for Bridge Street West if not have you got a name of a person who might have lived in the street I may be able to find it for ?

Ray

I have recently received a birth certificate of one of my ancestors, Alfred Philip Green, born at 234 Bridge Street West in 1891 sub-district of St George Birmingham.
Bewdley

hi i am a new member
i lived at 53 bridge street west from 1961 to 1965 my husbands mother lived at 29 welsley street we meet in askies cafe in farm street 1 was 14 and still at school he proposed to me out side the paladium picture house we married 5 years later
there was a 11 kids in my family and we lived next door to the penns young peter penn was killed in a accident at 16 years old in 1964
reading about bsw and looking at photos bring back happy memories
josie

Not sure if this photo is on anywhere in this thread as I can't open the pics. I was pottering around the area and came across a survivor. As my grandparents lived in Bridge St West I took a photo before they knock this down as well.

Bridge St West 1.jpg

Not sure if this photo is on anywhere in this thread as I can't open the pics. I was pottering around the area and came across a survivor. As my grandparents lived in Bridge St West I took a photo before they knock this down as well.

View attachment 85145

hi lady p the forum was hacked some time back and we lost all of our images this is why you cant open certain attachments..i reposted my photos so if you go to post 168 you can start viewing them from there...

lyn

Back