• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Brandwood House Kings Heath

Linda wixey

Brummie babby
hi
i have just began researching my ancestory and discoverd that my great grand parents lived in the cottage on brandwood end which i believe belonged to the farmers who owned brandwood house i also discoverd that my great grand parents George and May Bushell were employed by the people who owned it great george was the gardener and May was the cleaner , they had 8 children does anyone have any information on this it would be fabulous to see some pictures if possible.

1937 map showing Brandwood House - a few building nearby which might be the cottages. The road in red is brandwood Road and the present Dawberry Fields Road goes past a TA centre which looks as if it was built on the site of Brandwood House
1624096777231.png

Also found this info
To the north east of the house on Brandwood End Road, Roger William Gem Jnr. also owned 5 houses which were occupied by various tenants.
Found from this site:

1937 map showing Brandwood House - a few building nearby which might be the cottages. The road in red is brandwood Road and the present Dawberry Fields Road goes past a TA centre which looks as if it was built on the site of Brandwood House
View attachment 158099

Also found this info
To the north east of the house on Brandwood End Road, Roger William Gem Jnr. also owned 5 houses which were occupied by various tenants.
Found from this site:
i have looked at the websites recommended absolutley fabulous history i grew up in the brandwood area and attended brandwood school and never had a clue about its history thank you so much

the most unbelievable thing happend to me friday evening, i found out that my primary school teacher is actually my second cousin i was stunned when it came to light, but also over the moon as she was a lovley teacher we never had a clue we were related,i think i need to write a book on this :)

Back