• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bomb Mapping WWII

Stephen Gilmore

Is there a publicly available map showing where bombs were dropped in WWII?

I am aware of such maps in London, but haven't been able to get hold of one for Birmingham. I am particularly interested in what happened in that regard in Edgbaston.

I am aware of such maps in London, but haven't been able to get hold of one for Birmingham. I am particularly interested in what happened in that regard in Edgbaston.
Hi and welcome to Birmingham History Forum. There are a few maps on the internet but are not really corelated and a bit sporadic. Birmingham suffered considerably in the WWII bombings so maybe it’s something we should do on this forum.

I know of this one on the Goosemore Lane History site here

Here's a taster of the reality for Birmingham.

1716106383038.jpeg

Copied from https://www.canalworld.net/forums/i...ge/7554-bomb-map-city-of-birmingham/&browse=1

The hugh original map used to be on display in the Birmingham Central Library. Not sure if it is accesible in the Library of Birmingham - worth checking as it's part of our heritage and will certainly have been cafrefully preserved.

Back