• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bishops Street CIRCA 1814

Still trying to do due diligence on the Jennings Row vs Jennings Street issue.... I ran across a photo on Flickr that was labled Jennings Row, City Center.... Does anyone recognize this location in the photo? Is this actually at a location named Jennings Row?
Many sincere thanks to all you that so generously assist in this research
Priscilla

I assume you mean Jennens Row.
May I ask where Jennens Street came from?
The 2 baptisms are for Jennens Row and Bishop Street. I think they might be for the same child. Born Oct 1814 and very sickly - emergency home baptism (possibly church??) - baby recovered, family moved house and a formal baptism in 1815. Unusual but possible. First one recorded otherwise no record of the baby (?).

I assume you mean Jennens Row.
May I ask where Jennens Street came from?
The 2 baptisms are for Jennens Row and Bishop Street. I think they might be for the same child. Born Oct 1814 and very sickly - emergency home baptism (possibly church??) - baby recovered, family moved house and a formal baptism in 1815. Unusual but possible. First one recorded otherwise no record of the baby (?).
Yes, Yes... you are correct. Jennens Row is what I meant. I think your potential explanation makes sense and certainly worthy of consideration. Given that other information meshes so closely, and residences are so very close, it actually seems a very likely explanation. Quite honestly that's where I would guess things land.

Back