• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham roads 20 mile a hour

we have gone over to 20 and 50 mph as well. here in wales i can go to town on my tractor shopping now it only does 15 mph so i wont hold up the traffic.

The 20mph was introduced for political reasons. It may or may not be a good idea but:

1. Unenforceable and unenforced.
2. Average speed on Billesley Lane near where I live is probably still over 40mph.
3. We live on a 20mph road and I doubt if a single driver observes it!

Not sure what the answer is.

if some one drives on my six i go even slower.:(
it is a very good idear by schools. .....our local undertaker was booked for speeding in his hearse 23mph

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
A case of trying to be seen to be doing something. As if the drivers who were speeding (perhaps in a stolen car) when the road was 30 mph are suddenly going to drive within the speed limit now that it's 20mph.

Not far from me, Drews Lane is 20mph. It's a fairly long road and it's impossible (I know it really isn't) to drive the length of it at 20mph. I'm convinced it was changed because idiots continually over shot the junction and smashed into the park wall.

if some one drives on my six i go even slower.:(
it is a very good idear by schools. .....our local undertaker was booked for speeding in his hearse 23mph

Didn't he tell them he was going dead slow or that his passenger was late?

the roads here are very long most are 40 mph now they are 20 with big brother watching you it is going to make people very nervous drivers keep watching ther speedo not the rd

Back