• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Birmingham Municipal Bank Money Boxes

tergra32

Brummie babby
Hi. My purpose of making this post is to advise anyone who owns one of these faxcinating pieces of Birmingham history that keys for these boxes are now available on Ebay. I accidentally stumbled accross a post listed in 1920 from one owner of just such a box asking advice of how he/she could recover the predecimal coinage they saved in their old box and received poor advice such as take a drinder to it etc.
I have been making vintage money box keys for both collectors and individuals who get pleasure out of old money boxes and would love to get them open.
I can supply such keys (Including the BMB box) for less than a tenner plus postage.
tergra32

Hi tergra32. Ive just looked on Ebay and cant find your listing for Birmingham Municipal Bank boxes, Can you put on a link

Further to my previous email a few minutes ago. I now understand that the Birmingham Municipal Bank key has not been currently listed on ebay.
I have renewed the entry at listing number 225786121886. For those interested in purchasing a key either enter this number into their search box at the top of their ebay page or if not a member of Ebay please contact me on the email address givin in my previous post.
Terry

Terry,
I appreciate you are trying to help but
It's advisable that members don't post their personal email addresses on open forum as these and personal data can easily be used for scams, fraud, and identity theft.

So to stay safe please use the “Start Conversation” to message email address
RobT

Terry,
I appreciate you are trying to help but
It's advisable that members don't post their personal email addresses on open forum as these and personal data can easily be used for scams, fraud, and identity theft.

So to stay safe please use the “Start Conversation” to message email address
RobT

Hi. My purpose of making this post is to advise anyone who owns one of these faxcinating pieces of Birmingham history that keys for these boxes are now available on Ebay. I accidentally stumbled accross a post listed in 1920 from one owner of just such a box asking advice of how he/she could recover the predecimal coinage they saved in their old box and received poor advice such as take a drinder to it etc.
I have been making vintage money box keys for both collectors and individuals who get pleasure out of old money boxes and would love to get them open.
I can supply such keys (Including the BMB box) for less than a tenner plus postage.
tergra32
Well, I have just purchased one of your keys and it fitted straight away. So very, very pleased. After 65 years we now have one half crown an ten threepenny bits. So pleased I saw the discussion on the BHF

Well I have just purchased one of your keys and it fitted straight away. After 65 years we now have one half crown and ten threepenny bits. So pleased I saw the discussion on the forum. Overtonmam

Back