• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

bicycle shop kingstanding ?

sandra

master brummie
Hi Everyone,
I wonder if anyone can help please.
I am currently doing the WRAGG family tree.
I was talking to someone the other day and they said their used to be a family with a shop in or around the Kingstanding area with the name of WRAGG they thought it might have been a Hardware or Bicycle shop can anyone help please?
Sandra

Last edited by a moderator:
There was one on Hawthorne Road not sure if that came under Kingstanding Sandra.

Any idea of the years

There used to be a bycycle shop on the Kingstanding Circle it was owned by Knights, they also had a couple of shops across on the other corner of Kingstanding Rd, One of them was a Grocery store I think.

Have a nice day, Wally.

Don't know if it helps but i new a chap called Billy Wragg who was a coach driver for Stockland Coaches in the middle sixties.

Hi Everyone,
I wonder if anyone can help please.
I am currently doing the WRAGG family tree.
I was talking to someone the other day and they said their used to be a family with a shop in or around the Kingstanding area with the name of WRAGG they thought it might have been a Hardware or Bicycle shop can anyone help please?
Sandra

As you did not give a date this one has been chosen at random (a small village north of me) it is from the commecial 1945 part of the directory

Back