• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Berners Street.

Hi Topsy,

Yep there was and I was sent with jug to get if filled a fare few times even in the snow with the comment don’t spill none - as if.

Talking of corners walking from Wilton Street towards Wheeler St - Post office across the road on far corner?

My nan Brophy lived in Wilton St half way between Clifford and Gerrad St - I think that corner had a chippy, but?

Ray - the more I'm here the more I'm recalling

Right again Ray. I had some scratchings from there a few times on our way back from The Orient.Pickled onion if we had got any money left.

Berners20Street203_.jpg

#38 Sorry Lyn i had put this on the Clifford St Thread. We called this shop Stan,s . Used there a lot in the 60s. I used to live a little way down from the right of the picture.

morning topsy...its not a problem being on clifford st thread as it does show more of that street than berners...

lyn

flights coaches berners street..i actually remember walking past flights as a youngster..

flightscoaches.jpg

Back