• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Belmont Row

COMPRESSORMAN

master brummie
Anyone have olde pics of this road, not the lock keepers cottages, my Mum lived at no 50, wud love to look at where she lived, feel it had a shop front because they sold newspapers and lamp oil. Kids used to read the comics thru the window and pee through the grating into the cellar, where her father was working making military medals. Think there was a chapel on this road also. Didnt the council think about doing a video of the road before demolishing it?

There is a thread for the Chapel if you use the search box - magnifying glass top right.
Janice I am a thicko here, have put in a few suggestions but got no where, please indulge in my thickness and explain to an oldun what I shud put into the search box....thanks

Belmont Row and tick "titles". Several possible will come up and one has the word "chapel" in it but you might find other threads useful for pics.
I think number 50 was only separated from St Peter's Mission by a court.

I wonder if Birmingham Waste was the man we used to collect what was left at the the end of a jumble sale in the 1970's. He recycled everything - mostly I think for cleaning rags in factories.

Belmont Row and tick "titles". Several possible will come up and one has the word "chapel" in it but you might find other threads useful for pics.
I think number 50 was only separated from St Peter's Mission by a court.
anyone have a map to see where it was, number 50, feel it was on the corner of a road?

Map here from 1950 showing the location of number 50..
Great Mick, thought it was corner of Pitt street, but looking at map now cant be. Do you have a link to Kellies, tried but get nowhere, tanks...I shudnt be looking for all this stuff cus it only upsets me...wife says let it go, but they were a lovily family and knowing how they lived in those hard times and were hard from what I were told when a child.

Great Mick, thought it was corner of Pitt street, but looking at map now cant be. Do you have a link to Kellies, tried but get nowhere, tanks...I shudnt be looking for all this stuff cus it only upsets me...wife says let it go, but they were a lovily family and knowing how they lived in those hard times and were hard from what I were told when a child.
Thanks,sorry I don't have a Kellies,can't help you there.

What do you want from Kelly's?
In 1940 numbers 38 to 43 were occupied by a haulage contractor. Simpson Allen Ltd.

Last edited:
What do you want from Kelly's?
In 1940 numbers 38 to 43 were occupied by a haulage contractor. Simpson Allen Ltd.
Am now looking for my uncle Leonard Hart who I feel lived in Pitt St, he married my aunt Lillian Corrall...cant stop now I have started can I?

Back