• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Barrows Road Sparkbrook

lawllb

proper brummie kid
Has anyone got any photos/memories of Barrows road in Sparkbrook? Perhaps some photos from the German bombings or something more recent? Your help is much appreciated

Hi lawllb

Welcome to you, do you come from out of Barrows Rd, if so which side of Walford Rd did you live? I only know one person that lived there and that was in the early 60's. This photo is from 1978 and I believe was a protest over the road being used as a rat run by traffic.

Attachments

• Sparkbrook Barrows Rd 1978 .jpg
    Sparkbrook Barrows Rd 1978 .jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 38
Hi lawllb

Welcome to you, do you come from out of Barrows Rd, if so which side of Walford Rd did you live? I only know one person that lived there and that was in the early 60's. This photo is from 1978 and I believe was a protest over the road being used as a rat run by traffic.

Cheers. I lived on the right side of Walford road (if you were coming from Golden Hillock road), i.e. the side closer to Anderton road or Abbotsford road.

I also lived on Walford road, so any old pics of The Embassy, The Waldorf or other stores on Walford road would be great.

lawllb

If you type those names into the search box I think you will get results. If you don't get any returns contact me and I'll look you some out.

lawllb

If you type those names into the search box I think you will get results. If you don't get any returns contact me and I'll look you some out.

Thanks Phil. I have now found some for Walford road via the search facility.

Hi lawllb

Very lovely photo, shame you don't have anymore mate.

Back