• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Baptism lookups please

Brummiegal

master brummie
Hello

I have a baptism record George PHILLIPS 7 Oct 1817, he may have been bapt at St Martins, I'd really appreciate a lookup. Also his brother William John Phillips baptised 13 Jan 1822 & Christened 23 Jan 1822. I'm unsure why he was bapt/chr twice but the details were found by a distant cousin in his family bible. Their father was William who maybe also bapt 18 feb 1790 mother was Mary Ann Bennett.
Hope someone can help.

Thank you

hi brummiegal

yes they were christened at st. martins (note slightly different date for georges christening)

28 oct 1817 george b. 20 jan 1817 son of william and mary ann phillips.
abode barford street. fathers occ. seedsman

23 jan 1822 william b. 9 sep 1821 son of william and mary ann phillips.
abode rea street. fathers occ. hop merchant and seedsman

above is just listed as william, not william john. no record of him being christened previously at st. martins.

18 feb 1790 william son of james and mary phillips 1/2 year old

no other info for these v. early years.

Shera

Thank you so much you are fab:)

William was a seedsman! Thanks too for the corrections.

I have a few more requests. Would it be possible for you to check them for me please.

Thanks again

i will have a go but it helps if you do know dates or approx dates as the names phillips has hundreds of entries.

i presume you have the marriage date of william phillips and mary ann bennett. 29 sep 1816 at aston juxta

Shera

Yes i found that on the igi. I have tried for ages to figure the Phillips' there are loads!

I have James Bapt 1 Nov 1765, his father was William who was possibly baptised 20 Nov 1738.

James marriage to mary Hodges igi has 10 July 1787 but patron input has 4 july 1787 (possibly an error?)

Thank you :)

james son of william and mary phillips 1 nov 1765 (thats all im afraid)

william son of john phillips 20 nov 1738 (didnt even bother putting the womens names!)

the marriage june, not july

10 june 1787 james phillips and mary hodges (bachelor and spinster)
married by licence.

witnesses were susannah hodges and richard roe

all signed their full names (not with a cross)

A pity the earlier records don't provide more clues.

sorry shera my error on the month

Thank you so much you're a star!!!!

Back