• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Baker Street Handsworth

maddy

proper brummie kid
Hi, anybody out there remembers Baker Street Handsworth the 50sand 60s.my family lived at no22,would love to see old pictures, here's hoping.

Welcome Maddy. The only photo I can find of Baker Street is this Birmngham Libraries image dated 1908. The Parish Office built in 1830 was a used as a warehouse at one time before being demolished in 1961. Hopefully members will be able to find other photos. Viv.

image.jpeg

Thanks, I can just about remember that building, we lived there then, I hope somebody has more pictures. Happy memories of Baker Street. Thanks again.

Thanks ray, I think that photo is of a baker street near lozells. Good photo brings memories of the old ford Anglia cars. Thanks again its nice to hear from like minded people.

Hi, anybody out there remembers Baker Street Handsworth the 50sand 60s.my family lived at no22,would love to see old pictures, here's hoping.
Hi Maddy. Do you remember any of your neighbours? Would the names Eliza/Elizabeth Gosbell or Ronald and Joan Johnson mean anything to you?

An aerial view (1947) of Soho Road showing a part view of Baker Street, the former Midland Bank building on the corner still exists, amazingly.

Attachments

• baker-st-handsworth-aerial.jpg
    baker-st-handsworth-aerial.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 11
  • former-midland-bank.jpg
    former-midland-bank.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 11
Does anyone remember Baker Street from the 30's and 50's? My great grandfather and grandmother lived at 35 Baker Street. with my great auntie Lily and My great auntie Joan. My great grandmother lived there until her death in 1957 aged 70 and my great auntie Joan was one of the last residents to leave Baker Street in 1964.

Hi scot.nicholas welcome to the forum. I have no memories of Baker Street but here is a map showing Number 35.

Attachments

• BAKER-ST-#35.jpg
    BAKER-ST-#35.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Thank you so much Brummie Lad. At one point all of my grandfathers family lived in Baker St. He was one of 9 children. Unfortunately they’re all passed now. My great aunty Joan was the last one to go aged 90 in 2016.

Back