• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Australian Pub

fergie

master brummie
Since I discovered where my g granmother was living in Highgate Road memories have flooded bak to my Mom. She remembered a pub called the Australian that was bombed out during the 2nd World War and an elderly lady called Ginny Randall who ran a sweet shop, she remembered that she was great with the kids and that they loved her or maybe it was the sweets Mmmmmmmm! Just interested in the pub and if anyone has any information about it or the Bartletts or even Cardell that lived in Highgate Road Sparkbrook.

Since I discovered where my g granmother was living in Highgate Road memories have flooded bak to my Mom. She remembered a pub called the Australian that was bombed out during the 2nd World War and an elderly lady called Ginny Randall who ran a sweet shop, she remembered that she was great with the kids and that they loved her or maybe it was the sweets Mmmmmmmm! Just interested in the pub and if anyone has any information about it or the Bartletts or even Cardell that lived in Highgate Road Sparkbrook.

Hi there, I remember hearing my parents talk about the Australian on the corner of Highgate rd and Mole St. apparently it was my dads local till the germans bombed it. We lived in highgate rd till 1960. I was born in 1949 I remember Ginny, her shop was like the front room of her house converted into a shop, my mom used to get our bread from her. It was halfway between the bus garage and ladypool rd.

Back