• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

ARMY CYCLE CORPS

Hi Vintage Brummie, my G'Father started army life in the ACC but then appears to have been transfered to 10th Worcs Rgt and his number was changed from 5457 to 42697, I had thought 19th Div Co ACC was part of Worcs but seems I was wrong, he was discharged due to wounds 12.4.18. Unfortunatly his service record did not survive WW2, my mother tells me he lost a leg in 1918 so I was hoping to find him in the Army pension records but have had no luck. Will keep looking. best of luck

steve
Steve, try searching WW1 Army records under ARMY CYCLIST CORPS you might have better luck.

Hi Vintage Brummie, my G'Father started army life in the ACC but then appears to have been transfered to 10th Worcs Rgt and his number was changed from 5457 to 42697, I had thought 19th Div Co ACC was part of Worcs but seems I was wrong, he was discharged due to wounds 12.4.18. Unfortunatly his service record did not survive WW2, my mother tells me he lost a leg in 1918 so I was hoping to find him in the Army pension records but have had no luck. Will keep looking. best of luck

steve
Contact the Veterans Agency UK you will find they are very helpful. Len. Free phone 0800 169 2277.

Back