• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Apparent random problem with the forum

mine seems to have settled down now every thing is working now it was terrible over the last week i could not reply, some functions did not work st all and the post button was temperamental:grinning:

Rosie, would you mind please sharing a screenshot of your issue it may help me track things down this goes for others who are having issues too

Warren,
I have stopped using Vivaldi as it was the only browser where I had any issues with. I tried Libre Wolf for a day, it worked well but as it seemed to be a version, but containing less features of Firefox, I decided to use Firefox which after all is the only browser that Linux Mint includes as default. Firefox synchs easily with my W10 pro pc as well.
Thank you for your efforts.

I've just fired up my old laptop which is running Win10 and there are no problems. Both laptops are running Edge browser so for me it is
windows 11 with the problem of zooming or removing Adblocker to make the page functional.

I've just fired up my old laptop which is running Win10 and there are no problems. Both laptops are running Edge browser so for me it is
windows 11 with the problem of zooming or removing Adblocker to make the page functional.
can you send me a screenshot of your issue please

my issue was simple and no need for a screen shot..from weds the 10th jan i lost all forum functions except for private messages..until as suggested by a members i lowered my zoom from 125% (which its has always been set at) to 110% which of course makes the page smaller and also the writing resolving the problem for now...i dont have windows and i have chrome browser on my new chrome book which is working perfectly fine on everything else

lyn

my issue was simple and no need for a screen shot..from weds the 10th jan i lost all forum functions except for private messages..until as suggested by a members i lowered my zoom from 125% (which its has always been set at) to 110% which of course makes the page smaller and also the writing resolving the problem for now

ok but unless i see a screenshot i cant begin to track down the issues as i cannot replicate them. I just set my zoom at 125% and this works fine for me on edge and windows 11

Hi RRJ im still not seeing your issue maybe its just me being blind?
All I am showing is how reduced my screen has to be to have all items on the page functioning. If I increase screen size to a readable 90 or 100%
then notifications, search, forum headers, post reply cannot be selected. A video of the process would be better but I don't have the wherewithal to do that.

I'm sorrry Warren I can't do a screenshot. The main problem is the functions like post reply and new posts etc. won't work unless I go to 67%. I have Firefox on a PC.
rosie,

All I am showing is how reduced my screen has to be to have all items on the page functioning. If I increase screen size to a readable 90 or 100%
then notifications, search, forum headers, post reply cannot be selected. A video of the process would be better but I don't have the wherewithal to do that.
any chance of a screenshot of the top of the forum with your zoom settings as you want them sorry for asking for all these screenshots but very hard as i cannot replicate it

any chance of a screenshot of the top of the forum with your zoom settings as you want them sorry for asking for all these screenshots but very hard as i cannot replicate it
I still don't think you will see anything different. If I hover my mouse pointer over the notification bell icon or search it does not highlight plus clicking on them does nothing.

Attachments

• Screenshot (97).png
    Screenshot (97).png
    465.8 KB · Views: 10
I have just had an issue with this.

I tried to post a reply to another thread, but clicking on the "Post reply" icon did not work, until I reduced the screen zoom to 90%.

Steve

I have just had an issue with this.

I tried to post a reply to another thread, but clicking on the "Post reply" icon did not work, until I reduced the screen zoom to 90%.

Steve
thanks goodness for this advise thread then..just hope other members having problems read it and see the advise given by members of how to correct this ongoing problem

ly

its sure is a mistery why some and not all, i had a prob last week with the post button being locked now every thing is ok after i re-loaded firefox and ghostly.

Is anyone else still having problems or is it just me? Also that green privacy banner pops up nearly every time I change topic.
rosie.
(I can't post reply until I go down to 60%)

If any other member is still having problems and can post , then please let us know. If ahy that cannot post who are in contact with another who can could request the other member to let us know then we would be grateful

Yes, still having issues.

When trying to post pictures in the "Garden" thread earlier, the "post reply" did not work, until I reduced my zoom level to 80%.

I do not have this issue on any other fora.

It would never deter me from posting. It is just inconvenient.

EDIT to say, likewise with this post. Zoom down to 80%.

Steve.

Steve.

Yes, still having issues.

When trying to post pictures in the "Garden" thread earlier, the "post reply" did not work, until I reduced my zoom level to 80%.

I do not have this issue on any other fora.

It would never deter me from posting. It is just inconvenient.

EDIT to say, likewise with this post. Zoom down to 80%.

Steve.

Steve.
Yep, same as me but I have to reduce to 75% to get everything working.

Back