• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Angelina Street Highgate

jmadone,

I'm sure they did, living in such close proximity to each other. In 1911 at number 7 Russell Square was:-

Thomas Bunney ISON, born & christened at Stoke Green, Coventry in 1857, a porter in the meat market,
His wife, Ann Maria ISON nee MORRALL, born circa 1866 in Harborne, died in1902.
There were three daughters and two sons still living at home in 1911, a third son having died in infancy in 1901. Thomas had lived in Russell Square for at ten years, the family having previously in River Street.

Maurice :cool:

Thanks Astoness for the picture of Angelina, my husband lived at No 31 during the 40s 50s and 60s. the corner shop was a second hand business run by Sadie Fox during the later years and next one up was the fishing tackle shop where my husband bought his fishing gear from, Tommy Barfield used to make some fine fishing rods. Wendy.
Hi. Sadie was my grandmother. Would be great if you have any more info about her.

This photo was taken late 60s, the shop at that time belonged to Mrs Fox who lived in William Edward ST, the smaller building was a fishing tackle shop, and the gate in the middle was my friends yard they lived at number 2 William Edward St, the photo was taken not long before demolition, there is now a school on that site
Sadie Fox was my grandmother. Would be great if you have any further infomation about her. Thanks.

Hi. I’m trying to access the photo of the shop on the corner of Angelina Street. My grandmother Sadie fox ran the shop and I’m trying to find the photo
Is this the photo your after? I probably know your mom...Y? x

Attachments

• 152501694760278_0.jpg
    152501694760278_0.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 23
Does anyone possibly know which Carl Chinn book has this photo in my friend would love to buy it...many thanks x

Attachments

• 152501694760278_0.jpg
    152501694760278_0.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 11
From a Carl Chinn article in the Evening Mail on 18/9/1999 depicting a view of the street in 1959.

Viv

Screenshot_20230225_162237_Chrome.jpg
Source: British Newspaper Archive

Back