• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Allcock Street, Deritend

re: Allcock Street, Deritend
Do you remember the Reynolds family from 1Back 54 Allcock Street, ( Charlie & Nellie children Iris and Eric)?
Eric

Reynolds,
Could someone please explain how to post photos up as I have found a photo of my dad Charlie Reynolds of allcock st., Thanks

Reynolds,
Could someone please explain how to post photos up as I have found a photo of my dad Charlie Reynolds of Allcock St., Thanks
Take a look at the advice here - https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41031

One cautionary note: The 'Bulk Loader' option* is no longer available so you will need to select 'Basic Uploader' if uploading from the computer.

Note: * Support removed by VBulletin the forum provider.

I forgot to mention that you will need to also add a line of text to the post or it will not be accepted by the forum software.

100_0877.jpgThis is a picture of my dad Charlie Reynolds outside No 54 Allcock Street, Birmingham does anyone remember Charlie. FOrgive the upload first time doing it Eric

Chris,
Here is a picture of Patricia,Jessie(my grand) also lived in Allcock St.,Nellie(Mum) and Iris(my sister100_0880.jpg

Chris,
I remember the western on the corner I use to wait for my dad Charlie to come out. Have you seen the photos that I posted of my mum & dad and the rest of the family.
Eric

hi all..here is four pics of allcock st taken in 1905

lyn
I was wondering whether there are any photos of back to back houses in allcock street, 54 that are a bit more recent than 1905 as I lived in 54 allcock street, for a number of years since my birth in 1931. As I now live in Australia its a bit difficult .

thanks for the photos. But I was wondering if there were any photos out there of 54 Allcock Street before they were torn down for factories as I lived there for a few years from 1931 till about 1945 Eric.

thanks for the photos. But I was wondering if there were any photos out there of 54 Allcock Street before they were torn down for factories as I lived there for a few years from 1931 till about 1945 Eric.

hi eric if you are able to get there you could try the library of birmingham...go to the archives dept and ask to see their indexed public works dept book...you will need a CARN card to use the archives section so if you do not hold one take ID with you...

all the best

lyn

Last edited:
Thanks Lyn for the information but unfortunately I live in Australia now and have for the last 60 odd years, so I was only wondering so that I could show my wife and family the pictures. Since joining the group I have remembered a few things through the photos and just recently it looks like I may have found a cousin swannie through this group. regards eric

ahh right eric did not know that you live in australia....i have made a note of allcock st and next time i am at the library i will have a look for you for any photos they may have

all the best

lyn

Has I said in post 29....

"My Mom and Dad lived at number 50 Allcock street from 1935 to 1940 when they were bombed out and moved to Erdington."

I might been born there myself if they hadn't?

like to see picture of your dad and the truck were do i find also why not post one ofyour self . i remember getting on the back and your dad would take us to school sometimes to ada rd are dowding &mills still there my dad use to work at fishers in clide street but that has gon now

best wishes marjorie
Hello Marjorie,
Did you remember Pat who used to live opposite you and where she went to? Chris

View attachment 91644Heres one my sister Iris Ravenscroft
Thanks Lyn for the information but unfortunately I live in Australia now and have for the last 60 odd years, so I was only wondering so that I could show my wife and family the pictures. Since joining the group I have remembered a few things through the photos and just recently it looks like I may have found a cousin swannie through this group. regards eric
Hello Eric,
I remember Iris (played the piano) but her picture has gone from this site. Could you re-post it please? Knew your dad also, you may recall. Did you catch up with Pat at all? Regards, Chris.

Back