• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Abbreviations - Army Records

From a search on here

Free to register and search - although writing is often a bit muddled (if you look you will see what I mean). To see the article you have to subscribe.

From a search on here

Free to register and search - although writing is often a bit muddled (if you look you will see what I mean). To see the article you have to subscribe.

Thank you Janice.

William.

Had a response from the IWM today :( , Not very helpful.

I'm sorry that due to the limit of the museum's resources we're unable to provide information to answer specific research questions.

There are a number of on-line resources for military abbreviations and I have had a quick look, but regrettably I have not been able to find RPMHR. You may need to turn to a forum or social media for help with your question. I notice from one internet forum someone has suggested that RPMHR is a sea journey reference.
(Could that be BHF??)

I'm sorry that we're not able to help further and wish you well with your research.

Had a response from the IWM today :( , Not very helpful.

I'm sorry that due to the limit of the museum's resources we're unable to provide information to answer specific research questions.

There are a number of on-line resources for military abbreviations and I have had a quick look, but regrettably I have not been able to find RPMHR. You may need to turn to a forum or social media for help with your question. I notice from one internet forum someone has suggested that RPMHR is a sea journey reference. (Could that be BHF??)

I'm sorry that we're not able to help further and wish you well with your research.

Thank you Janice.

Your help (and the help from other members) is very much appreciated.

William.

Back