• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A brummie welcome for sarrunte43

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
It was nice to met Shirley today, I hope she enjoyed meeting us all, and wasn't too frightened by us.

Colin

hi all..:) well all i can say is what a delight to meet shirley and her cousin barbara...what lovely people they are...i did not see this but i was told that at one point shirley had tears in her eyes:cry: just like to thank everyone who turned up including surprise visits from lady linda...dave M and colin B..:thumbsup:this was certainly a right good brummie welcome in brummie fashion..thanks all...will post some piccies as soon as they are downloaded...oops i almost forgot to say thanks to shirley and barbara for ordering the food for us..it was a very kind thought...:)

lyn:)

Last edited:
what a lovely afternoon we all had. :) shirley and barbara were great and im sure they enjoyed themselves as well. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Today I spent the afternoon at the Bartons Arms in the company of the nicest group of people you could wish to meet.
We were there to meet Shirley and Barbara who had traveled all the way from Canada.
It made me feel humble that someone had traveled all that way and taken the time and effort to spare some of their precious time with us.
Everyone was in great spirits and we really enjoyed each others company.
I hope that both ladies will take back with them, the great sense of friendship and belonging that was shared by everyone.
This site goes from strength to strength and its all down to you wonderful Members

Thank you one and all.
Jim

Today I spent the afternoon at the Bartons Arms in the company of the nicest group of people you could wish to meet.
We were there to meet Shirley and Barbara who had traveled all the way from Canada.
It made me feel humble that someone had traveled all that way and taken the time and effort to spare some of their precious time with us.
Everyone was in great spirits and we really enjoyed each others company.
I hope that both ladies will take back with them, the great sense of friendship and belonging that was shared by everyone.
This site goes from strength to strength and its all down to you wonderful Members

Thank you one and all.
Jim

Jim you have taken the words right out of my mouth, I couldn't agree more.
What a great afternoon, I know that Shirley and Barbera really enjoyed it.
A few pics to start.
Pic 2 Into the lions den
Pic 4 Shirley and Barbera

Last edited:
thanks for the piccies mike....just resized mine so here are a few more...well said jim...cant argue with that....:)

pic 1...shirley on the left and her cousin barbara

this is brian trying to eat his dinner in peace...unfortunatlely rob had other ideas:D

Great photos. Looks like you all had a good time.
Thank you all for making Cath welcome. Here are photos she took...

evening froth..it was really great to have cath with us..just sorry you couldnt make it..some great pics being posted..keep em coming folks...:)

lyn

Thanks folks had a loverly afternoon .Nice to meet Shirley and Barbara. Thanks Jim for the mystery trip. Max are you home yet.

Great pictures - it looks as if you all had a lovely time - i am so disappointed that I had to be somewhere else and couldn't come.
I am sure Shirley and her cousin Barbara enjoyed meeting you all.
I have said it before and I know I will say it again - what a lovely bunch of people we have on this forum!
Polly :)

hey froth..all was going well and i dont know exactly what happened but all hell broke loose with cath and sylvia...:cry: and it was a mad dash to the bar to get the towels to mop up...:D

Last edited:
i know dave and would you beleive i had to leave some of me lager behind as the taxi came faster than i could drink...:cry: great pics by the way....:)

Back