• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

7 de Guise Seymours Variety Act

Hi Sistersue62

You must visit the web site as it has all the photos that my uncle had copies of, plus many more
nearly fifty in fact covering the early years through to about 1938/9.
These start with pictures of Lillian, Pops and the three girls as "The Seymours" or "Musical Seymours"
through to the final years as the "7 deGuise Seymours" The latter photos with the girls wearing long black
and white frilly skirts must surely be from the television appearance ?

They seem to have broken up by the 1940's, no doubt the girls eager to start families.

The photos are of good quality except for the odd few mainly large groups on stage with full casts
Pops in latter years organised and produced whole variety shows.

The web site also has many programme, and adverts as well as pictures of the theatres where they performed.
Some dairy pages show how hard working they must have been, travelling the width and breadth of the country.
(by train ?) with all they instruments bearing in mind that they all played tow or three instruments.

The price they received for the performance is also shown on some of the diary entries.

See the photos on

www.7deguiseseymours.com on the "Home Page" click on "Promotional & People then click on "Costumes"

You won't be disappointed regards R0Y

Hi Roy, The small boy you refer to was my Father. I have all his old paperwork including playing dates from 1922 up to the War. 100's of negatives and photo's, and lots of programmes. I have only got one signed photograph. The Home, when they were there was 30 Parkfield Road Aston. I would be happy to try and identify the photographs that you have. I have a number of the Large promotional photographs. I have also researched other members of the Family, none of the Seven De Guise Seymours lived in Wales, although there were other family members that did. For the past two years I have lived in Swansea.
Regards
Pip Guise
Hi Pip do you have a cousin or Uncle named Roger M guise who went to Waverley Grammar school between 1955-60 & could now live in Leicestershire, he was also lead singer in a 60s band called Catch 22. I have been trying to trace him for a long time, hope you can help.

Back