• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

522 Error

Trebor

master brummie
I wonder if someone can help me, I am on another Birmingham forum, but today when trying to use it, the message 522 error comes up, I have tried rebooting my iPad and laptop but that didn't work, any ideas anyone.

Trebor (Rita)

Sorry don't know the answer but if it's a Windows error code it shouldn't be affecting your ipad only your laptop.

Just be very aware of the Link that Terry has posted...its not Wikipedia as such......Terry have you use this link to fix your system ?, Like Nickkc101 as stated if it is a problem on your laptop then it shouldn't effect your ipad or any other internet media.......You will find the problem is with the web site you are trying to view.....I myself down load a link to repair my windows some years ago, I had to have my hard drive formatted and every thing reinstalled, lost a lot of data , photographs etc.......just be very careful ....

Thanks everyone, I have scanned my computer with no errors found, the site I have used for years without any problems is www.birminghamforum.co.uk when I try it, it comes up 522 error connection timed out host error.

regards

My husband tried it on his computer and the same thing has come up, could the fault be with the forum itself?

It seems like your error message is connected with the other forum, have you tried asking your question there ?

I would, but when I try to connect with the site, the 522 error message comes up, so I cannot let them know what is happening.

Regards

Thanks oldMohawk, yes I have tried switching off my router, that didn't do anything. I wonder if someone else could try the website and see if they get the same message as me, and then I will know it is the website that is at fault.

Regards Rita (Trebor)

I've just looked at website, can't log in I'm not registered, and can see three members logged in.

Works OK for me. Can navigate without registering.

Have you tried restarting your PC?

Yes curly, I have tried rebooting my computer and have done a full scan, I have been trying for two days but still keep getting the same message.

Regards

I don't think it's your end, I think it's your ISP or their server. If you google 522 error you'll get the gist of the problem. All I would do is clear my cache and cookies etc, but I have a program to do that, can't advise more on that angle. (I use CCleaner, but you have to be careful what you select to be cleaned!!)

Thanks to everyone, all sorted now, I have been out and left my husband to sort it, he has more patience than me.

regards Rita (Trebor)

Back