• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

123 Reginald Road, Saltley

Masmuk

Brummie Hoochmonger
I was born at 123 Reginald Road Saltley in 1957 (Mark Burrows), I recall my mother telling me that the house was previously a shop, does anybody have any information about this shop?

In the 1950 directory it was...
123 Reginald Rd Baker H S Shopkeeper

in the 1934 directory
McCormack Jn Geo Shopkeeper,

in the 1921 directory
Witton Mrs Nora Shopkeeper
You would need to go through all the directorys from the time a shop opened at that address to get a full history

Thanks for the info horsencart, the reason I ask is because my mom was convinced the house was haunted (telling us some chilling stories) and I'm intrigued about its previous occupants.

hi did you ever know phylis francis who lived in Reginald road,she went to st vincents school the same time as I did,often wondered what happened to her .regards

I lived at number 11 Reginald Rd in the maisonettes, I knew a girl called Glenys Draper, she lived further up Reginald Rd, I often wondered what happened to her.

Trebor (Rita)

No I don't remember anyone by that name. I was born a while before you in 1949 at 121 Reginald Road, and my cousins Pauline and Brian Styche lived at the other end of the road.
I remember the shop. Every Saturday night we had faggots and peas piping hot from the shop as a treat. I have only recently got rid of the bowls that my dad used to take around to be filled. I also remember jars of sweets on the counter and me being given a 1p as a treat on a Friday.
When my mother gave birth to me, she was given a chair from the shop to nurse me. I still have it, refurbished of course. My name then was Lynda Rawlings and I have an older brother Frank if anyone remembers us.

Hi Lynda

I remember you and Frank. I lived next door to your cousins Brian and Pauline Styche. I am Wendy Howkins and had a brother Graham about the same age as you. Is this shop you are talking about the one on the corner of Jersey Road? I remember in the early 60's someone called Janet owning it.

My 2Xgrt grandmother Susan English (married Algernon Hudson) was living at 116 Reginald Road in 1923.

Back