• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

  1. S

    Heaton

    I have found them, thanks so much. I can also confirm this is definitely the lady we're looking for, as I'm informed the address in Bournemouth also appears in her letters.
  2. S

    Heaton

    Wonderful. I will go in search, thank you.
  3. S

    Heaton

    I have asked the Local Studies folk at the central library if the Calthorpe Estate records say who lived at 14, Vernon Road at the time.
  4. S

    Heaton

    The fact that her birth year was correct, that she was baptised in Edgbaston and that she divorced (we knew she'd been married before) seems to be fairly strong evidence, but I will see what else I can discover. Could you tell me where I might find the divorce documents? I would like to view...
  5. S

    Heaton

    I believe it was mentioned in one of the letters (they're in my cousin's possession), but if it's of interest I will certainly keep you updated as we discover more. There are dozens to get through.
  6. S

    Heaton

    She was in correspondence with my grandfather and nine months pregnant with his child. She was staying a hotel in France, presumably to be out of sight of gossips. The letters stop in March 1909 and a box with them, containing my grandfather's letters to her, is among the papers, with a...
  7. S

    Heaton

    You're all incredible. Honestly, I'm overwhelmed.
  8. S

    Heaton

    Honestly, I can't thank you enough for all this. Thank you Janice and everyone taking an interest. What a kind group you are.
  9. S

    Heaton

    Fabulous, thank you.
  10. S

    Heaton

    Oh, I'm so sorry. I saw Heaton Family Tree at the top of the page and clearly made the wrong assumption. Apologies.
  11. S

    Heaton

    That's a fabulous piece of information, MWS, and could be incredibly useful, thank you. The only biological connection would be through the child, if they lived, who would be a half-aunt, so to speak. The interest is largely because of the wonderful trove of letters and wanting to know more.
  12. S

    Heaton

    Hi Janice and thanks for coming back to me. Frankly, anything that might be informative, and as we are only speculating about the child, there is a possibility of a family connection too.
  13. S

    Heaton

    Hello, I'm a newcomer on here and I wonder if anyone can help me? I am trying to track down any connections to a Maud Heaton who died in France in 1909 aged 23? Her address had previously been listed as Vernon Road, Edgbaston. Any and all help gratefully appreciated.
Back
Top