• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Yardley Cemetery Plot Map

Mrs Vicarage 2

Hi I am trying to trace a map which shows the plots at Yardley Cemetery. I am looking for a burial which in the register is identified as Section/Square - D (lawn). Grave No 74873. This is an unmarked grave which my fanily wish to visit with a view of adding a stone. The person buried there is Hilda BOWLER who died in August 1962. Any help would be appreciated.

hi have you tried using the search box putting in yardley cemetery map ?? we had a thread already for this and on that thread is map showing the sections..but the map does not mark the grave numbers as there would not be enough room on the map to do this

lyn

Try here

If the office is open they will mark the grave on a map for you.

Mrs V - My map shows graves dating back to the 1930's. Having read your original message (again - more carefully this time!) I see you're looking for something more recent. The whole site is large so I guess there are separate maps for each area so your best bet, as suggested by Janice, would be to visit the office. When I went there the lady was very helpful and produced the above map in a few minutes.

yes the office will look and mark up where it should be....but as in our case we still found it hard to locate as the area is overgrown and plots outlines hard to follow.......its good you have the number as there might be some more cared for ones which show the number on the front ( by the feet) and you can hopefully count forward/back or both to find the corect plot. This cemetary does not have many burials nawadays and there are no staff ( diggers etc) on site to help you.
The office is only open Teus/Weds/Thurs up to 1 pm I think.

Hi

Thank you everyone. The map of your relative was so helpful John and thanks for the advice Keith. I have now contacted the cemetery so hopefully will get a reply from them. I will let you know.

Wendy

Back