• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

SUNBAC Sutton & North Birmingham Automobile Club

Lady Penelope

master brummie
This club appears to have morphed into a motorbike club in later years but in the beginning of the club's existence it seems to have been an car club. Not sure of much about it but would welcome any bits of information please. There seems to have been a rally in Sutton Park in the 1920's but nothing has been discovered other than that and no details of the rally either.

Many thanks,
Penny

Quick Look shows SUNBAC in existence in 1924. At the second annual dinner of the Sutton Coldfield AC in 1913, a member of the North Birmingham AC proposed a toast.

Penny, you may well have already looked but there seems to be a large number of images relating to SUNBAC online if you search via Google/Images, many of them pre-war. I don't know whether any/many of them relate back to a more detailed history of the club but one or two might.

Cars were certainly still involved in local rallies in the late 1940s/early 1950s, to my memory.

Chris

I'll definitely get on to that Chris - sounds really good. Thank you.

Pedrocut, smashing information, thank you.

I'll get back to you both.

Back