• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Marsh Hill Boys Grammar Tech School

WHATEVER HAPPENED to Garrett's Green Technical College, I did ONC Mech.Eng. there IN 1955 TO 1958.
Aston Tech became Aston University for HNC Mech.Eng.

Ernie
GG Tech was still there in '75 when I got my ONC. I think it's now housing.
Got my HND in Counselling and group therapy from Cambridge Extra Mural (Night school, not as posh as it sounds)

Bernie Platt. Graduate of Bristol University. Lived in Lichfield and died last year. Brilliant teacher. Able Beethoven pianist. Was a member of The Sally Army I believe. Life long friend of Mr. Drury and Mr Tune. Tune was head of modern languages and Drury a mathematician and jolly nice chap. We were the first school in the UK to go online with Imperial College London. His predecessor was David Terry M.A. Phoebe Fairbanks was the only female maths teacher. Mr Hatton was old school and good.
Having Moved to North Carolina in 2007 I still remember immediately thinking about Bernie Platt the first time I saw cotton growing. And still d .

Who are you Glamdring? I'm Pete Sammon, so I'm really curious now. You would obviously remember, Beanhead, Crippen, Caggy Horsecroft, and scary Mr Smith who used to give you the option of the Van Der Graff Generator instead of a detention.
Changed My Nick now, The email account I signed up under is going away. Can't be bothered to run the mail server any longer.

Back