• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lichfield Road

WAS,NT THAT A AKINGSON HOUSE, WE LIVED 150 YARDS FROM THAT PUB AND NEXT TO THE WIDDOWS ARM,S THE OTHER WAY ? BUT IT DID LOOK GOOD OUTSIDE IN THEM DAYS DAIT THEY, THEY WAS GREY LOOKING ,AND THE ANSELLS WAS BROWN TILES, THANKS FOR REMINDING US POSTIE, BEST WISHES, ASTONIAN, ;;;;;;

Hi Patty, I was a regular customer at Mavis' it was near the Domestic wasn't it. I remember Rhoda and my cousin Sheila Ward worked there at one time. Give my regards to Mavis (nee Cox) next time you see her, and remind her of the Reunion at the Barn next Friday, 7th July. I haven't seen her for a while, thought she had remarried and moved to America.

Hi Sylvia,
New to this so it may take me a while to get the hang of replying.
Wont be able to make the reunion this time as I have booked a holiday and go on the 6th. I haven't seen Shelia for ages but speak to Rhoda quite a lot. Mavis is in the States at the moment her husband Konrad has just had major heart surgery so I will be phoning her the week end to see how he is.
Looking at some of the posts takes you back I had a great time being a hair stylist and lots of people say hello to me when I am out, then say '' remember me you used to do my hair'' It's great.
I used to do yours at Burrberry's, I dont see any of the girls from there though.
Sorry I miss the reunion but keep me informed of any further events please.
I would love to put a picture by my name but have tryed and failed, any advise on how to do it? told you I was a novice

Pat, sorry to hear the news of Konrad, give my regards to Mavis when you speak to her. Hope you have a lovely holiday but sorry you can't make the 7th.

Hi Patty. If you scroll to the top of the page, you will see a Profile box. Click on it, it will take you into your own profile page. Underneath Modify Profile click on Forum Prophile Info, tick I will upload my own picture, or type in a website address, You can then browse your files to upload your piccy, or go to the website.

Does anyone remember the Aston Foot Hospital on Lichfield Road maybe on the corner of Church Road, I used to go there as a teenager for treatment of corns - caused by wearing high heel shoes with narrow fronts, and later by wearing stillettos.

My Mom & Dad used to call the part of Lichfield Road from Victoria Road to Aston Cross THE MONKEY RUN. I under stand that was were the boys & girls used to meet up.
The attached Pic shows the Church which I went to Cubs THE GREEN & GOLD Troop, all so the Buy & Sell shop were my Dad purchased my first reel to reel tape recorder TK 20.
You can see the old tram lines being dug up I think it was about 1950.
ASTON

HI ASTON ,YOU HAVE BROUGHT MY CHILD HOOD DAYS FLOODING BACK TO ME BY SHOWING THAT PICTURE , I LIVED AT 5/92 LICHFIELD ROAD WHICH HIS GOING BACK UP THE PIC .ON THE RIGHT HAND OF THE PAVEMENT FOLLING THE SHOPS UP THE THE RIGHT HAND , YOU CAN MAKE OUT THOMPSOMS THE BUTCHERS , THEN ASTON,S THE CAKE SHOP , AND THEN YOU CAN MAKE OUT CROMWELL TERRACE ,WHICH HIS NEXT TO IT , THE OUT LINE OF GARDEN BUSHES ARE SHOWING IN THE PIC , AND THATS NO. 1 . MY BEST MATE LIVED THERE, COLIN GASKIN . AND REGARDS THE PAVEMENT OF LICHFIELD RD. OF WHAT YOU CAN SEE ,, I HAVE POUNDED THEM MANY , MANY , TIMES WE USED TO RACE AROUND THE BLOCK THE LOCAL KIDS AND MYSELF , DOWN THE LICHFIELD RD , UP THE VICTORIA RD , AND DOWN UPPER THOMAS ST , , I WAS THE FASTEST KID ON THE BLOCK , ONE OF THE JELF,S COFFEE SHOPS WAS DIRECTLY ACROSS THE ROAD FACING THE SECOND HAND SHOP AND THATS WHERE WE CELEBRATED THE QUEENS CORONATION WITH ALL THE FAMILIES OF CROMWELL TERRACE AND MY GRANFATHER PROVIDED THE FOOD , IN THERE , AND I REMEMBER WE ALL SHOUTING HIP. HIP . HORRAY . , I,M GONNA DOWN LOAD YOUR PIC , MANY THANKS HAVE A NICE DAY , ASTONIAN ,;;;

ONLY TO GLAD FOR YOU Astonian, I TO HAVE WALKED HOME UP THAT ROAD FROM ELECTRIC AVE TO TOWER ROAD.SO MANY DIFFERENT SHOP NOT LIKE TO DAY! :-[
YOU HAVE A NICE DAY TO. O0
ASTON

Many years ago,
Whilst Shopfitting, we had the occasion to refit a certain shop
in Lichfield Road ,and while putting the name above the shop
one of the two letter S's was put up the wrong way,and no one ever noticed,
but whenever I went past the shop, it always brought on a smile ::) :D ^-^

Hi Postie

Just looking over the site and came across your lovely picture of the Gunmakers Arms. It looks smaller than what I remember as a child (doesn't everything). I never apppreciated how ornate the pub was lovely rounded windows, another surprise was how small the entrances were. I remember the cellar delliveries and loved the way the delivery men so expertly handled the kegs of beer on ropes to get them into the cellar. thank you for taking me back to my childhood. I will download the pic and show it to my family. val

Hi all... I lived just round from the florists on Lichfield Rd,in Park Street. Loved Taylors, he would show me the newest toys, always remembered my name.Lovely man. My dads local was The Gunmakers, he too called it the widows. Astons the cake shop,FrenchesThompsons used to kill their own meat and often a pig would run into the middle of the road causing havoc !! ,oh so many memories.Thank you all so very much. Janet Harris

Hello Jan, welcome :)

I used to go in the Gunmakers in '76 with a boyfriend.

I never went in The Gunmakers, but i knew where it was,and my dad loved it there.Played dominoes there.
1978 i was 20yrs old,and married..WOW how time flys !!
I love this site,its amazing ! :D

Who remembers those seedy 24 hour cafe`s along the Litchfield Road ???????
The ones I recall are

Margarete cafe :-\
Beehive cafe :(
Miami cafe :-[
Tha last chance cafe :mad:

They were all situated around Aston railway station .
Ragga :)

I remember the last chance and the beehive cafes.. Never knew what you were eating,or how many cuppas one teapot made ...hahahaha But i hear they made a great bacon butty !!

HI JAN,TOP OF THE MONINGTO YOU .
If you remember the last chance was a trasport cafe ,
there was afew truckers used to stay there over night thats why the food was greasie,
and the cups of tea was like oil .
I Was well chuffed when you said that my cousins was great friends of yours , and she came to your wedding
There mom and dad ,frank was his name ,even thou you called him charlie, that was a nick name ,
because he liked tea , and he would drink gallons of it , and he had a big belly through it ,
thats why he used to wear a big wide belt around his waist to support it .
There mom edith was my dads sister ,she was a very nice lady she used to look after me
from time to time , and she was my moms best friend
have you seen sheila , or spoke to her of late .?
I know she lives in WEST HEATH Some where , co,s the last time i had seen her
was in northfield shopping ctre ,b,ham . i live in worcestershire , and thats when she told me where she lives .
and she told me about christines 2nd husband dying , and she lives in king standing ,
also she told me of val , and her 2nd husband living in wood gate valley
by the way jan , you said you spoke to another cousin of mine,.
well to what i can make out by your spelling , it sounds like my sister sylvia,
whom i haven,t seen in years .
also i am in contact with a younger brother ,whom lives in those posh quarters on broad st b,ham
where the rich tycoons lives , and i spoke to him yesreday and mention you ,
and he said he remembers you. in park st ,
way back in time , he said i would have seen you then if you where with the girls ,
but i cannot recall you any way .
Jan iv,e got to go now all the best astonian ,

Hi Astonian, I remember well that the truckies went to these cafes,and they enjoyed the food and tea.
I haven't seen Sheila in many a year,as i moved to Australia in 1981.Last i saw of her she was pushing her daughter in a pushchair in the city.
I knew that the older two girls divorced their first husbands,but thats it.
Life takes us all on different paths,but its still a delight to look back on such wonderful childhoods as we all have.
To have done what i did as a kid was magical to say the least.Playing trekking,skipping,thunder and lightening..OOPS did i say that.. Playing in the dark outside in the street.Something i never let any of my children to do,because of safety.But they love to hear my stories. I can still smell the Onion Fair,hear the mums calling their kids to come in for bedtime,and running out to the ice-cream man,when Mum could afford it.
Nice to remember.But i don't regret moving here either,as i have fond memories of my children's childhood too. God i loved Aston !!

HI JAN,
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR ALL OF YOR FAMILY
AND BEST WISHES FORTHE NEW YEAR OF 2007
AND MAY YOU HAVE A HAPPY , HEALTHY , AND PROSPERIOS NEW YEAR
AND I AM SURE THE GIRLS , WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS
SO ON THERE BEHALF , I WILL SAY IT ON THERE BEHALF
WHEN I SPEAK TO CHRISTINE THIS WEEK I WILL TELL HER
THAT YOU ARE OVER HERE ,
TAKE CARE , ASTONIAN ,;;;

WE LIVED ON THE LICHFIELD RD AT NO 5/92 NEXT TO THOMPSOMS THE BUTCHERS , AND WE LIVED UP THE TERRACE , CALLED CROMWELL TERRACE , MY BEST MATE WAS COLIN GASKIN , HE LIVED AT NO 1 THE FIRST HOUSE IN THE TERRACE AND MY BROTHERS FRIEND WAS TERRY AND RAYMOND JARRETTAT NO 2 ,NO 3 WAS A LADY AND DAUGHTER WHOM HAD THE WORDS OF JESUS SAVES , IN SEA SHELLS ON THE WALL
NO 4 WAS A MR AND MRS BRANT , WHOM HAD THE TEA ROOMS DOWN PORTLAND RD NEXT TO BUTTONS , THEY HAD A BENTLEY CAR , THERE DAUGHTER WAS THE POSH KID IN THE TERRACE
[ BY THE WAY SHE WAS A GIRL , WELL TOFFEE NOSE , WOULDN,T GIVE US A RIDE ON HER BRAND NEW THREE WHEELER BIKE ,
NOT JUST ME BUT THE OTHER KIDS AS WELL UP THE TERRACE
WE WAS THE BIGGEST FAMILY UP THE TERRACE AT NO 5 ,
THEN MR AND MRS MARSHALL , THEY WERE AN OLDERLY COUPLE
GREW IS OWN VEG ;; AND HERBS , KEPT A PEN FULL OF CHICKENS ,
EVERY SATURDAY AFTERNOON HE WOULD COME OUT WITH HIS PEN KNIFE ,AND CATCH A CHICKEN AND CUT HIS THROAT
READY FOR SUNDAY LUNCH ,
MANY TIMES I SEEN THE CHICK , RUNNING DOWN THE PATH WITH NO HEAD ON
NO 7 THE GAMMAGES , DAUGHTER AT I5 YEARS OLD DID,NT KNEW SHE WAS PREGNANT AND THE OLD LADY WENT BARMY ,
NOT MY OLD LADY HER OLD LADY
NO 8 THE SEABOURNE , JOHNY , AND HIS MOM ,
NO 9 THE SHELDONS , PATTY I REMEMBER , GOT A SISTER , MOM AND DAD , MR SHELDON , HELPED TO DO THE STREET PARTY , FOR THE QUEENS CORONATION , COLLECTING MONEY AND BUYING
CORONATION MUGS , AND PENS FOR THE KIDS ,
IN FACT MOST OF THE PARENTS DID HELP TO PREPARE THE STREET
OUR SECTION ON THE LICHFIELD STRETCH FROM THE OPENING OF
CROMWELL TERRACE ALONG PAST THOMPSON,S TO THE ENTRY
1 ST PASSED THOMPSONS ,
AND I REMEMBER A FRIEND OR TWO LIVED UP THERE
THE ONLY ONE I CAN REMEMBER HIS COLIN FISHER
WHOM HAD A NODDING HEAD , WITH A TWICH ,
AND THE FOOD AND STUFF WAS PROVIDED BY ERNIE JELF
[ MY GRAND FATHER ] WHOM HAD WARE HOUSE FUL OF PROVISION OF ALSORTS AND CROCERY , AND SILVER WARE FOR THE HIGH Y TIGHS ,
AFTER AFEW HOURS , ALL OUR NEIBOURS WENT DOWN TO THE COFFEE SHOP ALONG THE LICHFIELD RD
IT HAD A TWO TEAR INSIDE , WHERE YOU WALKED UP AND PLAYED BILLIARDS , THERE WAS TWO TABLES FULL SIZES
BUT US KIDS WAS NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY ON THEM
ONLY THE GROWN UPS ,
AND I REMEMBER THE KID , AND THE PARENTS ALL HAD A DRINK OF
SOMTHINK , AND SOMBODY SAID TO DRINK TO THE QUEEN
SOMBODY SHOUTED HIP , HIP . ARRAY , AND WE ALL SHOUTED
GETTING BACK TO THE TERRACE ,
THERE WAS THE CRADDOCKS, THEY KEPT ANIMALS ,AND MOVED TO ALUM ROCK IN THE EARLY FIFTIES ,
BECAUSE ONE SATURDAY NIGHT , WE USED TO GET BAD WEATHER LIKE NOW ,
AND THE HOUSE THAT WAS AJOING , WAS MORRIS NEWMAN A ND
HIS MOTHER OLIVE
NO 11 THE GOUGHS , THERE WAS ALBERT GOUGH , HE WORKED AT BUTTONS IN PORTLAND RD , ONE DAY HE CAME HOME FROM WORK IN AN EYE PATCH ON , WE LEART HE HAD A FIGHT AT WORK WITH AN OTHER EMPLOYEE , AND HE THREW ACID AT HIM AND ALBERT ,
LOST HIS EYE .HIS MOTHER , A LITTLE LADY KEPT A NICE GARDEN
EVERY TIME THE BAKER OR THE MILK OR THE RAG AND BONE MAN
CAME ,OUT SHE WOULD RN DOWN THE TERRACE WITH BUCKET AND SHOVEL FOR THE MUCK , AND ON THE GARDEN IT WOULD GO ,
HER GRAND DAUGHTER WAS A PRETTY YOUNG GIRL,
HER NAME WAS JENNIFER , WE WAS MY CHILD HOOD SWEET HEART
ALWAYS TOGETHER , [ MUCH TO MY SADNEST WE LEFT THE TERRACE AND MOVED TO OLD LADY WOOD ] BUT AS THE YEARS WENT ON THEY STILL LIVED THERE AT NO 11 ,
AND AS THE YEARS ROLLED BYE WE ALL GET OLDER
AND I HAPPEN TO VISTIT MY AUNT , WHOM LIVED AT NO 10 PARK
STREET BY THE VINE , AND SHE TOLD ME THAT JENNIE WAS GETTING MARRIED AT ASTON CHURCH , [ THATS WHERE ME AND MY BROTHERS SANG IN THE CHOIR ]
ANYWAY WHEN I LEART OF THE DAY SHE WAS GETTING MARRIED
I TRAVELLED DOWN FROM LADY WOOD TO TRY AND SEE HER OUTSIDE THE CHURCH
I STOOD WELL BACK BY THE FRONT GATE , AND OUT SHE CAME
STILL LOOKING BEAUTIFUL AS THE DAY SHE WAS BORN ,
AND MUCH TO MY SURPRIZE , IT WAS HIM , COLIN FISHER
I WAS GOB SMACKED , YEARS LATER I WORKED AT TUBE,S ONLY TO
FIND HIS DAD WAS MY SENIOR FORMAN , AND HE REMEMERD ME ,
AND HE KEPT ME INFORMED HOW THEY ARE GETTING ON ,
ANY WAY THERE WAS THE SHARP FAMILY [PETER SHARP ] THEN
THERE WAS THE HANLEY FAMILY MR AND MRS LEAHA, AND GEORGE
THE HUSBAND WHOM HAD ONE LEG AND THE DAUGHTER JOYCE ,
WE ALWAYS CALLED HER AUNTIE LEAHA , AND SHE WAS ALWAYS
POPPING INTO OUR HOUSE SCROUNCHING THE OLD MANS FAGS [ THE OLD WOOD BINES ALWAYS HAD 200 ON THE MANTLE PIECE ]
BUT THIS WEEK ON THE FORUM , I,VE LEART THAT SHE WAS AN AUNT TO ME IN REAL LIFE , BECAUSE SHE HIS A HALF SISTER TO MY FATHERS MOTHER ,WHOM HIS MY GRAND MOTHER [ NEE JENNING ]
ITS AMAZING WHAT YOU LEARN ON THIS SITE ,
[ A CRACKING SITE ]
THEN THERE WAS AN IRISH FAMILY, WHOM I CANNOT RECALL THE
NAMES ,
THEN THE TROWMANS , WHOM WAS POSH , THE FIRST TO GET THE
COLOUR TV , ALL OF US KIDS , ON A SUNDAY USED TO CREEP UP
TO THERE BAY WINDOW AND PEEP THROUGH THE WINDOW
JUST TO TRY AND SEE THE FIRST OLD ADVERT ,
FOR THE SINGING PETROL TANKS FOR ESSO ,
WHEN ONE OF US LAUGHED
MR OR MRS TROWMAN WOULD HEAR US AND SHOUT GET AWAY
WE USED TO RUN OFF
AT LAST OF ALL THE LADY WHOM USED TO RUN THE SHOP AT THE
BOTTOM OF THE TERRACE WAS A LADY WHOM NAME I CANNOT
RECALL , BUT WE CALLED HER MRS OXILL , OR MRS OXO ,
BECAUSE SHE ROUNDED ALL THE KIDS UP THE TERRACE
AND ASKED US TO PLANTED ALL THE PRIVET ,AROUND HER
GARDEN , AND IN RETURN ,SHE GAVE US ALL AN OXO TIN ,
THE OLD FASHION STYLE ONE WITH SWEETS IN ,
THERE WAS ABOUT EIGHT OF US ALL TOGETHER
AND SHE USED TO BRING CONKERS FOR US ,
FROM HER POSH HOUSE IN HARBORNE ,
THEN SHE MOVED AND SOLD THE SHOP
TO A GRUMPY OLD LADIE , BY THE NAME OF MRS BARNES ,
WHEN WE TOOK THE BOOK OF WAR COUPONS
FOR MOM , SHE ALWAYS SAID TO US , [ MRS BARNES ]
SHE AIN,T GOT THE SWEETS , SHE ALWAYS KEPT THEM
UNDER THE COUNTER ,
AFTER GRAND DAD TOOK MY MOM AND DAD ,
TO SEE COUNCLILLOR SILVER MAN , WE GOT A MOVE .
TO LADYWOOD ,

THANK YOU MAZBETH , FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTS
THEY ARE JUST AFEW BRIEF MEMORIES , OF CROMWELL TERRACE
I DO BELIEVE IT,S A SMALL WORLD , AND MANY PEOPLE
DON,T RELIZE IT , IT WHEN YOU TURN YOUR COMP;; ON
YOU GET THE HEASDING OF CARL CHINN ,
WHERE IT SAYS , COME ON IN AND MAKE YOUR SELF
AT HOME ,
THERE IS A SWEET OLD LADY , BY THE NAME OF
PHYILL ARNOLD , WHOM HAS A WONDERFUL STORY OF HER
MEMORIES OF ASTON , , AND THE STRANGEST THING IS ;
THAT SHE PREVIOUSLY LIVED IN OUR HOUSE ,
AT 5/92 LICHFIELD RD CROMWELL TERRACE
AND SHE TELLS YOU THE SAME THINGS , EXCACTLY ABOUT THE
HOUSE , WHAT WE HAD TO ENDEAVOR
BECAUSE THOMPSON WALL WAS DIRECTLY BEHIND OUR WALL
WITH THE SMELL AND THE SCREAMING OF THE PIGS
AND THE MASSES OF COCK ROACHES , PLUS PLASTER BUGS , [ WHICH I DID MENTION BEFORE ] .
COMING THROUGH THOMPSONS ,
THATS WHY ERNIE JELF , TOOK MY MOM AND DAD TO HIS OFFICE OF COUNCIL SILVERMAN ,
WHOM INSTRUCTED STRAIGHT AWAY , TO COMPLAIN TO THOMPSON, AND US EMEDIATE MOVE ,
SAD PART OLD BRANSTO, STILL HAD TO SUFFER , ONLY HIM BEING CONNECTED TO THE SYSTEM
GOT MOM AND DAD OUT , OTHERWISE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE MANY YEARS , BEFORE THE
GENERAL SLUM CLEARANCE CAME INTO FORCE
I,M SURE YOU MUST HAVE SOME MEMORIES , YOU CAN RECALL ,WHEN YOU WAS YOUNG , ?.
I THOUGHT IT WAS SPOOKIE WHEN I READ PHYLISS STORY
WELL, MAZBETH , I HAVE GOT A LOT TO SAY ON CROMWELL,
BUT I WOULD TAKE A WEEK TO FILL THE COLUMN ,,AND I WOULD LIKE
TO MEET SOME OF THE KIDS OF OLD CROMWELL , EVEN THERE MOMS AND DADS
THEY WAS HAPPY DAYS ,AND GOOD ONES ,
WE HELPED EACH OTHER ,AND SHARED , AND TRUSTED EACH OTHER ,
AND LEAVE YOUR DOOR AJAR IN THOSE DAYS OF INDIAN SUMMERS,
BUT NOT NOW , ITS A SHAME HOW THE HUMAN RACE AS GONE
I DON,T KNOW YOU ,OR ANYBODY ELSE AS THOUGHT ABOUT ITB
BUT WE HEAR ALL THIS TOPIC AND DISCUSSION ON THE GLOBABLE WARMING ,
BUT DURING THE DAYS GONE BYO IN THE FIFTIES WE USED TO GET
WHAT THEY CALLED RED HOT INDIAN SUMMERS , , WHERE,S THE DIFFERENCE ,
WE HAVE HAD IT FOR YEARS -= [ WHAT DO YOU THINK ,,]
BEST WISHES FOR 2007 ASTONIAN ,;;;;;;

Yes, I've got some memories I should write down...of Parliament St, and the square around it, and Burlington St...in the early 60's - as I was born in '59.
(I bet my mom would know some of those names you mentioned Astonian)

I'd better put my memories on the appropriate threads soon, hopefully.
I will when I feel up to the typing...I get very tired, suddenly, sometimes, because of the underactive thyroid...and we've also had a stressful time as a family lately and just going through that.

hi maz , thanks again for replying to my thread ,
i am sorry to hear that you have a problem with your thyroids ,
and that you and your family have had a stress full time ,
and i hope and pray that things will be better for you .
and your family ,in this forth coming year ,of 2007 .
my mom lived at no.1 . or three, parliment st , then ashed row ,then to
no 1 , newcannal st , digbeth ,her father was ernie jelf , on the cross ,

Thank you so much Astonian for the lovely write up you put in about where you lived. As you know i was good friends with Shiela,your cousin. We had a wonderful Christmas,and hopefully a great New Year. Its hot here in Australia,so we dont often have a roast for Christmas lunch.But have cold meats,seafood,fruit and salads etc.But this year Christmas Day was a shocker,cold and wet !! A couple of those names you wrote down i had heard of them,probably from Mum and Dad. Dad use the pubs around Aston,The Brit, The Red Lion, The Monkey, The Widdowers. So he got to know quite a few peiople around. If you hear from Sheila, please give her my regards. Thank you again Astonian for a lovely write up !! Jan

Astonian do you refer to Julias Silverman when you say Councillor Silverman?

Astonian said:
HI ROD ,
YES YOU ARE RIGHT ;
I DID,NT THINK MANY PEOPLE WOULD RECALL HIM
FROM THE ERA ,
when we lived in Aston, Paul Tilsley (Liberal?) was a councillor? for there...
I remember him coming round to our house and getting on well with dad, although I think dad usually voted conservative.
I think he was/is a good bloke.

YES MAZ ,
I AGREE PAUL TILSLEY HIS A good councillor
i only no of him from the early 70,s
after visiting to our house , he doe,s get things done ,
it was after my little girl , now a grown woman , and married to a senior postion
gouerment officier for the b,ham city , at the big house ,
when the council knocked down a couple of shops on the cov, rd hay mills
and left it derilict for some yesrs, and she was a very young girl
with nowhere to play she wrote to him ,
and aked him , could he build and provide a littl park for her and her
friends , and yes , lord and behold she got her wish ,
he got it done for , and thay little play area is still there
at one time afew years ago i was on the harbourne housing committe myself
and got to meet paul ;
at our general meeting , .where we would discuss certain things around b,ham,
and after learning and wathing the carry on,s , i resigned ,

Back