• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

brummy-lad's latest activity

  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Thorpe Street.
    Thanks for that, brilliant. I think it's perfectly ok to use on family photos (blurred ones from the 1960s particularly), if I use it...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Thorpe Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I think we have seen in discussions on the Forum that you have to be careful with AI restorations ?
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to davedgibson's post in the thread Thorpe Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Yes, go to your App Store on your phone and download ChatGPT. I use this and another app called Canva for restoring all of my old...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Thorpe Street.
    That's a fantastic improvement to the image I posted, do you subscribe to AI software? I have loads of family photos I would like to...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to davedgibson's post in the thread Thorpe Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hi all, I’ve improved this image. If you zoom right in you can probably make out the frontage a bit better of the Lord Nelson pub, I...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Thorpe Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    In 1866 there is a suicide at Court 15, 40 house, Thorp Street. See Mike’s Post 78 for map. It looks like the Court behind the Nelson...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Birmingham Improvement Scheme, 1875. with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Birmingham Improvement Scheme. It was one of the earliest and largest examples of municipal slum clearance in Britain. The driving...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Thorpe Street.
    Two aerial views, the one dated 1935 has the pub on it but you'd be hard pressed to glean any details of the facade. Perhaps a BIG...
    • thorp-st-aerial-1948.jpg
    • thorp-st-aerial-1935.jpg
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Thorpe Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Interesting that many have searched but not found pictures, and so this picture could be useful in the thread mentioned below. Many may...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Thorpe Street.
    Maps for 1889 and 1950s.
    • thorp-street-map-1950s.jpg
    • thorp-street-map-1889.jpg
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Thorpe Street.
    The Lord Nelson is listed in Kelly's 1939 but not 1940.
    • thorp-street-kellys-1939&40.jpg
  • brummy-lad
    The georeferencing feature on this website is really interesting. Use the slider to change between 1851 map and current map...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Astoness's post in the thread toy and fancy goods shop soho road with Appreciate Appreciate.
    ok john i have found it...this photo shows number 193 to 201...201 is the shop with the oxo sign so i am guessing no 193 is the shop...
  • brummy-lad
    Hi Lyn, back in 2009 you posted an image of the shops Nos. 193 to 201 but now missing after the site was hacked...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread King Street Theatre 1751 - 1780 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I came across this theatre after learning that Stephenson Street was once named King Street (see Stephanson Street thread). I've...
Back
Top