• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by brumbird

  1. B

    Prince Of Wales Cambridge Street

    I used to visit regularly when i worked at the central library in the 80's. I will visit for lunch (love a good cheese and onion cob) next time I visit Birmingham.
  2. B

    Warstone Lane burials and gravestones.

    This is amazing I went her last year to find burials but wasn't succesful but just found locations for 3 of my relatives. Thank you for sharing.
  3. B

    St Edburgha's Church Yardley

    I have had the following reply from the parish administrator - so hoping they are on the plan. The gravestones in our churchyard were removed decades ago. However, a plan of the graves was compiled before they were removed. Many of the inscriptions had been eroded by time and weather, so it is...
  4. B

    St Edburgha's Church Yardley

    thank you I will contact them
  5. B

    St Edburgha's Church Yardley

    Thank you I must try and get the book
  6. B

    St Edburgha's Church Yardley

    I will
  7. B

    St Edburgha's Church Yardley

    thank you I have emailed them I am appalled if they have bene landscaped
  8. B

    St Edburgha's Church Yardley

    Hello I found out that my 4th grest grandfather Jonas Bowen (d 1867) and his wife Esther Prime Bowen (d 164) are buried here. Does anyone know how I could find a phot of gravestone or where to find an index? I would love to visit and see where they are buried. thank you Karen
  9. B

    Bowen, Jonas, George- Silversmiths, Silver platers.

    Hello all fellow Bowen descendants. I checked my family tree and this is how I am related: 4th great-grandfather Jonas Bowen 1786-1867 3rd Great grandfather James Bowen 1812-1887 2nd Great Grandfather - James John Bowen 1845-1920 My Great Grandfather - James John Bowen 1868-1944 My Grandmother...
  10. B

    Pilots Garage Kyotts Lake Road

    My uncle had motor bikes when they lived there think it would have been early 50s for him. My family had good memories of living there.
  11. B

    fish and chip shops

    Mum lived at 59 Kyotts lake road from the 40s and her mum lived there until 1974 - I'm not sure how long the Bowen family has lived here but may have been from the late 1930s.
  12. B

    fish and chip shops

    Thank you I will copy the photo and put it in a memory book I'm making mom for xmas.
  13. B

    fish and chip shops

    Thanks I will put in in my notes and talk to mom - I got her a book of sparbrook photos in the summer and it started a really good conversation and bought back many happy memories.
  14. B

    Pilots Garage Kyotts Lake Road

    Thank you
  15. B

    Pilots Garage Kyotts Lake Road

    Thank you
Back
Top