• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
J
Reaction score
2,963

Latest activity Postings About

    • J
      John L reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Aston Hall with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Technically, Aston hall is now run by the Birmingham Museums Trust, and not by the council. This, as in the case of other cities, was...
    • J
      John L reacted to lmr3103's post in the thread Smallbrook Ringway with Appreciate Appreciate.
      The Swan at Fradley, Lich is known as the Dirty or Mucky Duck.
    • J
      John L reacted to lmr3103's post in the thread Ansells Brewery with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I love all the old pub memorabilia you can find today. Especially for Ansells. Sadly for the most part that’s all we’ve got left of...
    • J
      John L replied to the thread Aston Hall.
      The council who have taken over the running of Aston Hall, said that they wouldn't be selling off any of the "family silver". I trust...
    • J
      John L reacted to lmr3103's post in the thread Aston Hall with Appreciate Appreciate.
      As a little girl I was fascinated by the Dolls House in the Nursery. I used to dream about it… We visited Aston Hall a few weeks ago...
    • J
      John L reacted to Neil M's post in the thread Aston Hall with Appreciate Appreciate.
      As pointed out above by Viv (HERE) the "Great Vases" on the upper terrace of Aston Hall are still in reasonable shape. They were...
    • J
      John L replied to the thread Ansells Brewery.
      Another nice Ansells advert from an old football programme (1937). Who wouldn't help themselves to a glass?;)
      • 1791013992437.png
    • J
      John L reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Ansells Brewery with Appreciate Appreciate.
      A visit on Bargain hunt to the world's largest collection of beer trays included one familiar item.
    • J
      John L reacted to A Sparks's post in the thread Ansells Brewery with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Nice old advert for Ansells Beer in a Coventry City FC programme (with a small M&B on the other page!)
    • J
      John L reacted to Covroad's post in the thread Ansells Brewery with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Beer Kegs being stacked at Ansells Brewery Aston mid 1970 ish Source historicengland.org.uk
    • J
      John L replied to the thread Smallbrook Ringway.
      Sometimes a pub called the "White Swan" will be known locally as The Dirty Duck". I know of one such pub in Rugby town centre, that I...
    • J
      John L reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Scams via telephone, email 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I went into a little used email account yesterday. In Junk-mail I found 10 emails (assorted dates) all telling me my TV licence payment...
    • J
      John L reacted to Ray T's post in the thread Scams via telephone, email 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I believe I had another one yesterday when my phone rang and what sounded like a recorded female voice told me my telephone service was...
    • J
      John L reacted to Smudger's post in the thread Scams via telephone, email 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Very nearly fell for a scam today, thankfully my wife was by my side & realised i was about to lose a lot of money. She took over the...
    • J
      John L reacted to Stokkie's post in the thread Smallbrook Ringway with Appreciate Appreciate.
      The Ringway Centre recently from Cafe Nero in the Bull Ring Centre. 'DUST' put his tag on the end near the roof which seems to symbolise...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top