• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Zeppelin Raid -Tipton

morrl02

proper brummie kid
I'm trying to verify a couple of family stories about the Zeplin raid in Tipton

1) William Willetts of Tipton was walking along owen street when the raid happened, he was so scared a coin that was in his hand flew out, and into the jaw of his friend he was walking with, this friend (don't know their name!) was the first person to be taken to hospital as a result of the raid --- does anyone know how I can find out this persons name?

2) Ethelburt Morris, killed or injured seriously in the raid

how fasinating had no idea that the midlands had been bombed in WW1 knew about newcastle london and gt yarmouth.
paul

Colin, what a great report - I didn't realise Tipton had been hit, nor Walsall, though have been to the Cenotaph there.
Sue

Colin, thanks for posting that report. My mother told me about the Zeppelin raid on Tipton as she was there when the bombs dropped. She was about 10 years old at the time and the experience shattered her nerves for years afterwards.

Back