• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Your Gran or Mom with a Moustache

I bet they had some laughs in that family. All the ladies have exactly the same hairstyle. Three of the men (if they are men) holding cigarettes.

That's interesting Michael. Been trying to work out the occasion. Looks like a group of actors maybe? Or a family performance of a play? There looks to be two particular characters; the man dressed as a well-to-do male in a coat and a female dressed as a maid. Maybe the well-to-do male in the coat had gone and got himself betrothed to the maid - scandalous! Viv.

Up to 1905 no 279 was Frederick Ketelbey, photographer. May & Co are shown in Kellys in 1908 and are listed there till 1933, but have gone by 1936

The collars of the male characters are I'd say roughly about 1910. I think you're right that they are all women Michael. The hair is very Edwardian female. Viv.

Back