• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

York-Swansea TPO train 1950's

pistonvalve

master brummie
I believe the York - Swansea TPO train went through Birmingham at night. Does anybody know the route it took? I think it went via Aberystwyth where it reversed.

Thanks for any info.:)

Oh Dear! dont get on to TPO routes, this a massive subject in its own right, I have spent hours on Burton
Station in foggy winter weather waiting for the MId/North+Mid/South, sometimes two and three hours
late at times. The TPO Postman and PHGs were a law unto themselves and the first "closed shop" I ever
came across. Bernard.

Bernard, have I opened Pandora's box. My interest is purely railway but I wait with bated breath for comments/stores.

I believe the York - Swansea TPO train went through Birmingham at night. Does anybody know the route it took? I think it went via Aberystwyth where it reversed.

I cannot remember that service pistonvalve , the only one i remember is York to Cardiff
via Leeds/Huddersfield/Stockport/Crewe 0250am /Shrewsbury/Hereford .
I use to change the engine from a lecky to Diesel and it was steam heating from
Crewe to Cardiff .
ragga :)

Back