• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

York Road Kings Heath

G T Harding

proper brummie kid
My Grandparents, whose name was Briscoe, had a shop in York Road which sold all types of items from paraffin to sweets. This would have been in the late 40s, does any one remember them?
Regards
Graham

Before my time Graham but still standing it's now Top Banana.

Colin

Attachments

• 14yorkroad.JPG
    14yorkroad.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 53
Cheers Colin, I thought by now it would have been pulled down, I remember going there when I was still a infant

Graham

Just read this, colin be , do you remember The Wool Shop, on the other side of the road?

lansor

Do you mean this one

Attachments

• Kings Heath York Rd 1961  .jpg
    Kings Heath York Rd 1961 .jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 57
I do indeed. My mom owned the shop in the late 60's/mid 70's. We lived above it. Kings heath was a good place to spend my teens. Some time during this period the Evening Mail featured an article comparing York Road to an oriental bazaar. They used a photo of my mom in the piece. You don't have a copy of that do you?
Thanks for the photo of the shop.

I do have a photo , somewhere from my grandparents collection, when they passed away, going through them c we encountered the photo of the shop front , while still trading, will upload once found,

Family photo Album, trying to find any descendants of the family, but no family name listed in the title page, any help would very welcomed, photos to follow,

Back