• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Yardley Wood

Radiorails

master brummie
I liked the Trittiford area pics, but after 65 years ago the memory, except the lock cottage at Warstock, is just vague.

Peter1

master brummie
I went to Highters Heath school, Infants and Juniors, (before going to Wheelers Lane). Memories of Flints etc.

I must warn you though, it was a LOOOONG time ago !
Oh I have such a lovely memory coming back as I see the name 'Flints' in front of me - isnt memory amazing....? anyway Flints had everything, ha yes always open too. I seem to remember the excitement of going there with parents because they had a 'magic or jokes section' so I would occasionally get a magic or funny gift to play with....I think!

laynot

proper brummie kid
Oh I have such a lovely memory coming back as I see the name 'Flints' in front of me - isnt memory amazing....? anyway Flints had everything, ha yes always open too. I seem to remember the excitement of going there with parents because they had a 'magic or jokes section' so I would occasionally get a magic or funny gift to play with....I think!
Yes I too remember Flints. I went to Yardley Wood Junior school and I would sometimes go down Highters Heath Lane and then along the Yardley Wood rd calling at Flints on the way. It was an Aladdins cave to a small boy. For me too it was a long long time ago.