• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

ww1 info request

Viking193

Hi all

I am new to this forum so not quite sure where to start so would be grateful for any help that you can give :)

My great uncle served in ww1. I do have some detail but just wondered if there are any look ups which
Could provide further info i.e. medal card and if anyone can do this for me please. Also not sure which battalion of err he belonged to.

Private William Isaac Thomas Solomon

Private W I T Solomon
Of I/37 Cope Street Ladywood
Service Number 16016
Date of Death: 28/03/1917 age 20
Royal Warwickshire Regiment
Grave/Memorial Ref: VIII. A. 172
Cemetery: Bologne Eastern Cemetry

Thanks in advance
Vicky

Hi Vicky here is a photo of WIT Solomon,s grave stone which was available on ancestry.co and also IT Solomon,s medal card who I presume was your great grand father wit solomon.jpgI T Solomon.jpgSOLOMON_W_I_T-page-001.jpggb0817-00388.jpg
Michael.

That's brilliant Michael, thank you so much. I had no idea my g grandfather served too. I feel very proud of them.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to look. :)

No problem Vicky. by the way there is someone on ancestry.co.uk researching the Solomon family tree.

Michael.

I wonder if someone could help me, a while ago someone wrote about the Wocestershire Regiment in 1914-18 war and I asked a question as what it meant being dischaged in 1916 with 'Sickness' an answer came back to ring a certain number, i wrote it down but cannot now find it, if the person who gave me the information could repeat it I would be most grateful
Many thanks Brookieboy

I read about another Prt. Solomon, a young Jewish boy, who died at the age of 15 years, I believe from London, killed on the Somme in 1916.

I wonder if someone could help me, a while ago someone wrote about the Wocestershire Regiment in 1914-18 war and I asked a question as what it meant being dischaged in 1916 with 'Sickness' an answer came back to ring a certain number, i wrote it down but cannot now find it, if the person who gave me the information could repeat it I would be most grateful
Many thanks Brookieboy

The post is number 24 here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41201&page=2&highlight=worcester+regiment . Michael

mhemery- Thank you very much for that information, have again written it down and will put it in my Fathers war record.

mhemery- Have contacted the number that was quoted and they gave another number for Worcester Regiment Museum which is 01905 721982 in case anyone else wants a contact. They were very helpful but it seems that I have much more information on my father than they have but they are going to go back into the archives to find out what his 'Illness' was if it is at all possible.
Many thanks for you help, I shall put this on the other post as well.

mhemery- Thank you very much for that information, have again written it down and will put it in my Fathers war record.

mhemery- Have contacted the number that was quoted and they gave another number for Worcester Regiment Museum which is 01905 721982 in case anyone else wants a contact. They were very helpful but it seems that I have much more information on my father than they have but they are going to go back into the archives to find out what his 'Illness' was if it is at all possible.

Thanks for your response Brookieboy, Happy to be of help. Michael.

Back