• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wragg Family History

C

charles wragg

My name is Charles Wragg and I am currently researching my family history. I have managed to trace my family's history back to around the 1780's finding out that the Wragg family moved from Sheffield, to possibly Derby, and then settled in Birmingham pre-1850.

I am just wondering if anyone out there, has any information on the Wragg's and their history. I would be grateful if you could post any details here or direct me to any useful websites.

At the moment I am stuggling to find the dates of birth for the children of George Wragg 1852 and Betsy Cooke 1852. I realise that Alice Wragg became Alice Dean when she married, and owned a general store in Waterworks Street, Aston, Birmingham.

Thanks.

Re: The Wragg Family History

Hi there  welcome,i have found a Charles wragg b 1924 Sheffield died in Victoria Australia wife Nellie,but if you have a look at the LDS site www.familysearch.org just tap in the name you require,there are several Charles Wragg's on there.

Good luck O0

Ps you will also find Alice wragg living in Summer lane Aston

Charles,have you had a look on Rootsweb?? or the LDs site?? they may have the answers you are looking for. :angel:

Angie,

thank you very much i will look at these sites. I have been given a website www.curiousfox.org.uk take a look if you are interested

Charles

O0 Charles i visit quite regularly,good luck with you search :angel:

George Wragg + Betsy

Hi I've found a George Wragg and ? Betsy (writing almost unintelligible) who had their daughter, Elizabeth christened at St Martin's on 5 May 1851. They lived in Livery Street and George was a furniture dealer. Entry No. 1543 in St Martin's Baptisms.

I have a Joseph George Arthur Wragg b.1897 Beeston Nottingham. d.1869 Derby.

married Ethel Chambers, they had two children.

any help?

Judy

Hi Charles, your Wragg family appear to change their pet names but i am sure this is the family.
Dwelling: 366 Lichfield Rd
Census Place: Aston, Warwick, England

George WRAGG M 28 M Birming, Warwick, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Spade Plater (Ag Imp)
Betsy Ann WRAGG M 28 F Bromford, Warwick, England
Rel: Wife
George WRAGG 6 M Aston, Warwick, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar
Alfred WRAGG 3 M Nechells, Warwick, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Scholar
Betsy WRAGG 6 m F Nechells, Warwick, England
Rel: Daur

1891 56 Queens Road, Aston
George Wragg age 39 Spade and shovel maker
Beatrice age 39
George 17
Arthur 13 (it says Arthur must be Alfred)
Lily 10 (possibly Elizabeth shortened to Lily or Betsy)
Alice 8
Charles 15
Ambrose 4
baby son not yet named age 5 weeks.

1901 62 waterworks road
George Wragg age 49 Edge tool maker
Betsy age 49
Alice age 18
Charlie age 15
Arthur age 14 is this the Ambrose in 1891
William 7

Last edited: