• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

wooley's of aston

The Baron

master brummie
Hi any one out there who can give me information on the wooley's who lived in tower road aston about 1920-1950? :-\

Aston I thought it was something to do with Woolworths of Aston ::)

Aston any of these yours 1881 census

Dwelling: 21 Parliament St
Census Place: Aston, Warwick, England
Source: FHL Film 1341726 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 3041 Folio 90 Page 49
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Christopher WOOLLEY M 47 M B'ham, Warwick, England
Rel: Head
Occ: Gun Barrell Welder
Ann WOOLLEY M 46 F B'ham, Warwick, England
Rel: Wife
William WOOLLEY U 21 M B'ham, Warwick, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Gun Barrell Striker
Mary WOOLLEY 19 F B'ham, Warwick, England
Rel: Daur
Occ: Machinist (Tailoress)
Eliza WOOLLEY 17 F B'ham, Warwick, England
Occ: Pupil Teacher
Thomas WOOLLEY 15 M B'ham, Warwick, England
Rel: Son
Occ: Gun Barrell Striker
Ann WOOLLEY 11 F B'ham, Warwick, England
Occ: Scholar

Thanks John, the nearest  name on the list is Thomas Woolley? I do have a Thomas WOOLEY on MY Mom side of our Tree, thats the one who I have down as being a MARINE STORE DEALER at the age of 40 approx some where around ST Pauls Sq area.
Thanks again will have to look to see if the other are any where to be found? As both Mom & Dad have passed on its some what difficult.
ASTON

Back